Poll

Of the most commonly used, favourite 2017 emote?

0 (0%)
3 (4.9%)
9 (14.8%)
26 (42.6%)
1 (1.6%)
2 (3.3%)
7 (11.5%)
10 (16.4%)
2 (3.3%)
Something Different (Explain Below)
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: E3/EA Play 2017 Megathread: 2 Weeks Remaining  (Read 42596 times)

here's what happened
xbox one x revealed, $500, can play games at 60fps 4k, has hdr and stuff i guess, uses vapor chamber cooling system
backwards compatibility with original xbox games
showcased a crapton of games

gatysh's theory is amazing

Xbox One X

XB1X

or

XBOX

xboxception??????

According to the latest information on Bethesda’s E3 2017 showcase hub, the conference livestream will kick off two hours after the announced start time – so tune in from 9pm Pacific, midnight Eastern, 5am BST and 6am CEST, but expect news to roar out before then.

The Conference's video feed will start at the original time of 7PM Pacific PDT, but the actual conference is at 9PM PDT. I will notify for both.

I really enjoyed the Microsoft Show, but I was a little disappointed that Xbox One X wasn't announced to have VR yet.

Also, some of the game reveals were a little boring or gave next to no info about themselves, like the space station game.
And they kept bringing guests on who then did nothing (like the 2 pointless drivers for Forza) or were spoken over by the videos.

I did thoroughly enjoy the Sea of Thieves video though, which was put together really well.
And I'm excited for State of Decay 2, curious about AC Origins, and intrigued by BioWare's new game.

Hello there, It's good to see a friendly face. Almost took you for a raider, I did. Name's Malcom. Malcom Holmes

are you sure its backwards compatibility? sounds like they are just porting games to xbox one x

are you sure its backwards compatibility? sounds like they are just porting games to xbox one x
It's backwards compatibility for all Xbox One devices, but the way they do it involves including a patch for up-resing textures and modifying the UI to fit 1080p/4K.

Well if its any way the Xbox 360 system works for XB1, you put in your original disk and it downloads the game to play.

leaked image from assassin's creed go madden

Well, Microsoft had some hilarious moments. Burst out laughing at the name "Xbox One X". Also loved how the spokesperson actually slipped up and said Xbone. Was worried for a moment that they forgot to bring in a car for the zero people who came to E3 to see a car, but not only did they deliver, they somehow snuck a piano on the stage when nobody was looking too.

Aside from that seemed pretty boring. Highlights were Screedgypt, which then got booted out the window by Shadow of Wardor, alongside Bioware's Horizon Zero Dawn with power armor and jetpacks.

there were a few things showed that i look forward too, all conveniently coming to windows 10 store and not xbox exclusively

It's an actual backwards compat.

The Xbox 360 backcompat works by emulating a 360 and then playing the 360 game on that.
Presumably the Original Xbox will also be emulated on the Xbox One also.

They do have to do some work on the games though to get them working, which is why not all 360 games are currently backwards compatible and they're working through a backlist of them to build a library of them.

Hopefully the fact that Original Xbox games were never tied into Microsoft Points means it will be cleaner to buy them from the digital store.
When you browse back-compat 360 games you can't see the price at a glance, and instead have to wait for the system to convert from Microsoft Points to real currency. By all accounts the 360 market system is a real mess behind the scenes and they were never able to cleanly remove the Microsoft Points system.

there were a few things showed that i look forward too, all conveniently coming to windows 10 store and not xbox exclusively
I do like the fact that Microsoft are embracing the Play Anywhere program.

It's surprising it took so long for a PC/Console/Phone company to decide to make all their stuff completely compatible, and it's great that they realised people don't want to buy the same game twice.

It's a shame other console companies don't have their own PC gaming areas, because there are plenty of Playstation exclusives I would definitely play on PC but won't shell out on another console for.

mineycrafta crossplay

you can now build brown bricks in minecraft with your friends no matter what platform they have

unless it's playstation