mic not working in windows 10

Author Topic: mic not working in windows 10  (Read 2040 times)

got a new PC with windows 10 last thursday, the mic on my headset worked fine until today. the headphones themselves still work, it's only the mic

i've tried everything, reinstalling the drivers, updating the drivers, turning the PC off and on again, etc but nothing is working
has anyone encountered the same problem, and/or do you have a fix for it

ok i fixed it by using some sort of USB device that i plugged my headphones and microphone jacks into, and then connecting that device to my PC
idk why this works but yeah buy one of...those things, whatever they're called, if you run into these problems as well
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:51:55 PM by Yosher »

mayb try a different usb slot like a 2.0 instead of a 3.0 or vice versa. or maybe replace the wire
mayb the mic disconnected inside the headset
it could be anything tbh

windows 10 is loving gay i have the same problem
for me my mic only works if its plugged into the computer when it turns on

Windows 10 was a curse.
It was the Windows 8 Everyone liked the look of, with the features of Windows 7 Everyone wanted,
but with the stability and reliabilty of Windows Vista.

bump, blease help me

do you have any other microphones and do they work?

do you have any other microphones and do they work?

yeah i tried another microphone but it didn't work either. both of them work on my old windows vista PC though so i think the problem really is windows 10

brown townog
u sure its not plugged into the speaker out / in jack?

u sure its not plugged into the speaker out / in jack?

yeah i'm 100% sure

otherwise it wouldn't have worked until yesterday

Maybe the jack is dirty. Try a different mic if you have one to spare.

already tried another one

the weirdest thing is that every device manager thing on my computer says "oh yeah it's totally plugged in, ready to go, no problems whatsoever", but it just won't record any sound i make

it's not just a discord problem since the windows sound recorder also doesn't work, and it's not muted either, i checked
i just don't know what the problem could be other than windows 10 itself

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03421813#AbT5

Btw to get to this Right click the speaker icon and go to properties and go to recording tab

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03421813#AbT5

Btw to get to this Right click the speaker icon and go to properties and go to recording tab

thanks, but nothing here worked :(