Author Topic: Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!  (Read 39432 times)

nope, everything is as it should be and it doesnt work for some reason :/

So what happens when you run the command? There must be an error message?

i put in the command to copy the environment of the first zone (just a snowy skybox i selected at random) to the second one (i hadnt edited it at all, so it was just the sky_spooky1 skybox and the default ground_plate). i double checked that i put in the correct names and ran the command, but when i entered the first zone it was changed randomly to the sky_spooky1 and a day/night cycle i hadnt even put in to any environment, and the second zone was unchanged.

I did /loadenvzones and now all the skies are ghosted apparently, because it looks like it does when you do sky.delete();
dedicated server, had to manually attach the module and restart to start the server with environment zones before that.
I tried new Sky(sky); and now it's white and won't change, said something about missing textures and using the default.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:23:18 PM by Super Suit 12 »

Can you set water in zones?

Is there support for this to be saved alongside a bls save?

Can you set water in zones?
Yes, but not in the main environment unless you want it in all of them. This had already been answered.

Not easy as it sounds, the save system is weird. In order to work properly we have to create a fake brick with an event

Idea that someone should steal from me because I'm too lazy to do it myself: Would it be theoretically possible to make working night vision goggles now? Upon wearing the goggles, we could change the client's environment to one that is slightly brighter and more green tinted

Idea that someone should steal from me because I'm too lazy to do it myself: Would it be theoretically possible to make working night vision goggles now? Upon wearing the goggles, we could change the client's environment to one that is slightly brighter and more green tinted
Yes

Just save it with the same name or something.

Not easy as it sounds, the save system is weird. In order to work properly we have to create a fake brick with an event

No idea what you are talking about here.

You can do that with a bit of scripting yourself. Make an environment zone somewhere that you want to use, then use client.pushEnvironment/popEnvironment when they equip/remove the night vision.

I've done exactly as it says in the OP and now Blockland is not starting when I open it on steam or click the windows icon, when I verify the integrity of the game files on steam properties, it fixed 1 file and then my game crashes whenever I start a server, what the actual hell?

Try installing the 2015 redistributable, it might be required by the selective ghosting dll. If that doesn't help I have no idea.

Also, when using the steam version you don't need to create a batch file to start bl. It should work just fine with starting the game normally.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:18:59 AM by Zeblote »

If I was to create a zone and then edit some of it's variables via a script, how would I apply the changes? This is what I've got but when I call client.pushEnvironment the changes don't seem to have taken any effect

Code: [Select]
echo("Creating NVG zone...");
%nvcolor = "0.8 1 0.8 1";

//zone
%nightVisionZone = EnvironmentZone("NVZone");

//environment
%env = %nightVisionZone.environment;

%env.var_DirectLightColor = %nvcolor;
%env.var_AmbientLightColor = %nvcolor;
%env.var_ShadowColor = %nvcolor;
%env.var_SkyColor = %nvcolor;
%env.var_fogColor = %nvcolor;

//apply changes
//???
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:59:37 AM by Rally »

You aren't meant to set the variables manually. Edit environments like this:

%env.setCurrent();
setEnvVariable("DirectLightColor", %nvcolor);
setEnvVariable("AmbientLightColor", %nvcolor);
%env.postEditCheck();

Here's an example of how to set up zones with script, and some variables that might need special attention.
https://github.com/Zeblote/Server_EnvironmentZones/blob/master/scripts/manager.cs#L70

The setCurrent() isn't necessary if you are setting the variables directly after creating an environment zone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:15:12 AM by Zeblote »