Author Topic: Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!  (Read 39160 times)

Ok so I did everything as it said in the instructions except download the new blockland, as that didn't work for me and I use steam. The server starts fine, but it says Server_EnvironmentZones needs SelectiveGhosting.DLL to work, yet I have it in the new modules folder?

Ok so I did everything as it said in the instructions except download the new blockland, as that didn't work for me and I use steam. The server starts fine, but it says Server_EnvironmentZones needs SelectiveGhosting.DLL to work, yet I have it in the new modules folder?

The blockland.exe needs to be replaced, as that's how we get the dlls to load in the first place.

Just to make sure, you got both of these files
https://github.com/portify/BlocklandLoader/releases/download/v0.1.3/Blockland.exe
https://github.com/portify/BlocklandLoader/releases/download/v0.1.2/BlocklandLoader.dll
And placed them directly in your blockland folder?

Only the SelectiveGhosting.dll should go in the modules folder, the BlocklandLoader.dll one needs to be in the main folder.

The blockland.exe needs to be replaced, as that's how we get the dlls to load in the first place.

Just to make sure, you got both of these files
https://github.com/portify/BlocklandLoader/releases/download/v0.1.3/Blockland.exe
https://github.com/portify/BlocklandLoader/releases/download/v0.1.2/BlocklandLoader.dll
And placed them directly in your blockland folder?

Only the SelectiveGhosting.dll should go in the modules folder, the BlocklandLoader.dll one needs to be in the main folder.
The second I put that Blockland.exe in my Blockland folder, it just doesn't start up, nothing else is causing an issue except for that.

Maybe the steam version has a different Blockland.exe or something, can't really think of anything else at the moment.
Validate files from steam and then try the "doing it yourself" guide here: https://github.com/portify/BlocklandLoader
(you probably don't have to build the dll yourself tho)

Thank you.
Last question: is there a way to keep the NVZone environment always on top of the stack? Currently when you have NV equipped and you walk into another zone, it'll take you out of the NV zone and put you in the new one you just walked into.

Change the pushEnvironment method to something like this:

function GameConnection::pushEnvironment(%this, %env)
{
   %env = %env.getId();

for(%i = 0; %i < %this.envCount; %i++)
   {
      if(%this.envStack[%i] == %env)
      {
         echo("ERROR: Attempted to push an environment already on the stack!");
         return;
      }
   }

if(%this.envCount && %this.envStack[%this.envCount - 1].isHighPriority && !%env.isHighPriority)
   {
      // Add this environment below the high priority one
      %this.envStack[%this.envCount] = %this.envStack[%this.envCount - 1];
      %this.envStack[%this.envCount - 1] = %env;
      %this.envCount++;
   }
   else
   {
      // Add this environment to the top of the stack and apply it
      %this.envStack[mFloor(%this.envCount)] = %env;
      %this.envCount++;
      %this.setEnvironment(%env);
   }
}

Then set isHighPriority to true on your night vision environment.

Ok so I did the exact instructions but this time on my non-steam blockland, and the game opens and so does the server, but when I start the server it says SelectiveGhosting.dll is missing, yet I have it in the modules/ folder?

Ok so I did the exact instructions but this time on my non-steam blockland, and the game opens and so does the server, but when I start the server it says SelectiveGhosting.dll is missing, yet I have it in the modules/ folder?

Well, making progress at least. There seems to be some bug with the loader not finding dlls but I'm not sure what the problem is.

You did place the batch files directly in the blockland folder, right?

Well, making progress at least. There seems to be some bug with the loader not finding dlls but I'm not sure what the problem is.

You did place the batch files directly in the blockland folder, right?
By batch files do you mean Blocklanderloader.dll, Blockland.exe and modules/
If yes, then I did, and also made Blockland.exe read only

It probably doesn't work because you're using the launcher, and the launcher is not in the blockland folder.

So maybe it'll work if you use the batch files listed at step 2b.

It probably doesn't work because you're using the launcher, and the launcher is not in the blockland folder.

So maybe it'll work if you use the batch files listed at step 2b.
Could you tell me how to create batch files and how to enter that code thingy? And where do I put them?

Start notepad++ or whatever editor you use, paste in start blockland.exe ptlaaxobimwroe -noconsole -nosteam
Ctrl S
Set file type to "all files"
Save as blockland/whatever.bat
Double click the new file to start bl

Someone should make a mod like this, but with music instead of enviroments

Start notepad++ or whatever editor you use, paste in start blockland.exe ptlaaxobimwroe -noconsole -nosteam
Ctrl S
Set file type to "all files"
Save as blockland/whatever.bat
Double click the new file to start bl
Did It, still shows the error message for some reason.