Author Topic: M.I.A Rant  (Read 3855 times)

honestly if this was 2003 i'd be listening to gym class heroes, eminem or wu tang clan. they are all great artists but they're outdated and the times have changed. now in 2017 i listen to migos, yachty and playboi carti. in my mind they all sound great, just like charleston probably sounded great to people in the 1920s.

you had a real argument then you became this philosophical starfish
a bit over the top
theres nothing philosophical about it. if you think that getting 100 million views is easy, you try it.

sorry is a good song though. wait the jb one or the beyonce one
uh justin bieber do you think id be here talking stuff about beyonce

I'm not necessarily saying my taste in music is superior, I'm just saying there is some awesome music that is extremely well played that is 100x less popular than this and it saddens me.
What does the popularity of a piece of music matter? You should complain about the state of the industry if that is your hang-up.

What is the point of targeting MIA it completely distracted from your point!

honestly if this was 2003 i'd be listening to gym class heroes, eminem or wu tang clan. they are all great artists but they're outdated and the times have changed. now in 2017 i listen to migos, yachty and playboi carti. in my mind they all sound great, just like charleston probably sounded great to people in the 1920s.
theres nothing philosophical about it. if you think that getting 100 million views is easy, you try it.
holy loving stuff gym class heroes was my stuff

What does the popularity of a piece of music matter? You should complain about the state of the industry if that is your hang-up.

What is the point of targeting MIA it completely distracted from your point!
although i barely like anything in the charts, a lot of it is sung really well or played well, but in MIAs case, in my opinion it's neither of them

i still occasionally listen to GCH, but they were only really famous in 2006, 2003 was still their really old and early days

edit: yeah one for the kids was under their Yellowcard name
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:13:44 PM by JumboMuffin »

honestly if this was 2003 i'd be listening to gym class heroes, eminem or wu tang clan. they are all great artists but they're outdated and the times have changed.
now hold on

wu tang is immortal

now hold on

wu tang is immortal
honestly i still revisit liquid swords every now and then because that stuff's lit. however, most of my playlist is future, drake, yachty, uzi and divine council

although i barely like anything in the charts, a lot of it is sung really well or played well, but in MIAs case, in my opinion it's neither of them
you get on her case for rhyming things weird in borders, but you seem to miss the overall message of the song. same with bad girls. bad girls isn't a deep, ohmilord so edgy song, it's a song about... well... bad girls. borders is deeper, it's a song about the current state of refugees and people that are seeking a place in their own country amidst all kind of political turmoil. eminems rap god is about hurrr im so cool and im so much cooler and better than everyone else cuz i make words go FAST!!!!!

now hold on

wu tang is immortal
fr.