21 (52.5%)
well mostly
11 (27.5%)
not really
4 (10%)
no it sucks
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: 8values Political Quiz - the hottest thing since sliced bread  (Read 20738 times)

What exactly constitutes "Irrational" here? It's 100% subjective and thus cannot be acceptably answered.
That's the point, it's your view. The question is asking if what you think is irrational should be abolished.

I find Question 22 to be a little ambiguous.

"Even when protesting an authoritarian government, violence is not acceptable."

It doesn't clarify whether it's talking about whether the group in question is protesting their own government or that it's a country protesting another government.

Question 26 is ambiguous as well.

"Political elites are necessary, as the general populace makes bad decisions."

It doesn't clarify what it means by "political elites". Is that referring to elected representatives, or big-bucks politicians and lobbyists?

Same thing with Question 40.

"Irrational traditions should be abolished."

What exactly constitutes "Irrational" here? It's 100% subjective and thus cannot be acceptably answered.
from what I can tell, 22 is referring to citizens protesting their own government, 26 to rich corporate lobbyists and the elite that's controlled our government since Carter, and 40 about whether you think many traditions are fallible or outdated

there's a lot of damn commies in this thread

wow ike i had no idea......

Is there any way i can report this to the police? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:13:57 PM by Rockinboy2000 »

oh jeez I guess someone decided to resurrect this thread
well that's cool

I find Question 22 to be a little ambiguous.

"Even when protesting an authoritarian government, violence is not acceptable."

It doesn't clarify whether it's talking about whether the group in question is protesting their own government or that it's a country protesting another government.

Question 26 is ambiguous as well.

"Political elites are necessary, as the general populace makes bad decisions."

It doesn't clarify what it means by "political elites". Is that referring to elected representatives, or big-bucks politicians and lobbyists?

Same thing with Question 40.

"Irrational traditions should be abolished."

22 is citizens protesting their own government.
26 is essentially asking how bound politicians should be to the will of the people. That question could probably be rephrased better.
40 is intentional. Irrationality is subjective, and so it's up to you whether traditions are irrational and should be abolished.

have you considered putting might and tradition on the right side of the results to illustrate right vs left definitions?
yes, i have
but the colors

man this quiz has gotten everywhere, ive seen people at my school using it, and even meme accounts are posting their results
what really
neat

tristan where did you post this other than the forums
i'm curious how you got this viral
uh I really don't know
I posted this here, on a few discord servers, and i think a family member put it on facebook but otherwise I haven't got a clue

nice job trist. this stuff is EVERYWHERE. I saw it posted on some Polish website earlier and a TF2 forum

nice job trist. this stuff is EVERYWHERE. I saw it posted on some Polish website earlier and a TF2 forum
why am I the last person to find out about this
I only knew because someone pinged me on a Discord server about it

from what I can tell, 22 is referring to citizens protesting their own government, 26 to rich corporate lobbyists and the elite that's controlled our government since Carter, and 40 about whether you think many traditions are fallible or outdated
i think 26 is even more general, asking whether power should rest directly in the people (a la direct democracy) or if it should be displaced onto a smaller group of elite power-holders who may or may not be elected

edit: well the creator of the question said what the intent was now but that's what i got out of it so maybe that's useful information

i think 26 is even more general, asking whether power should rest directly in the people (a la direct democracy) or if it should be displaced onto a smaller group of elite power-holders who may or may not be elected

edit: well the creator of the question said what the intent was now but that's what i got out of it so maybe that's useful information
well you're still pretty spot on

HOLY stuff MY DEBATE PARTNER AT SCHOOL JUST TEXTED ME HIS RESULTS ON THIS QUIZ

HOLY stuff MY DEBATE PARTNER AT SCHOOL JUST TEXTED ME HIS RESULTS ON THIS QUIZ
Woah