21 (52.5%)
well mostly
11 (27.5%)
not really
4 (10%)
no it sucks
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: 8values Political Quiz - the hottest thing since sliced bread  (Read 20287 times)

oh hey look what a surprise

im a centrist

oh hey look what a surprise

im a centrist
hello, centrist.

people with >30% authority are worrying
and more than 50% is just insane
regardless of whether you're left or right, a government that's too strong is a recipe for disaster

I added an image that you can copy and paste to share your scores, I've update OP with mine.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:15:42 PM by TristanLuigi »

30% to 50% isn't that worrying really
I can maybe give 30 a pass depending on specifics. but I'm not sure there I could see any way to justify a much higher one. tyler66 is forgeted, basically

Most people are around thirty, so I would consider 50% or higher to be high. If a government has no authority, there's nothing for it to actually do.

I think the Liberty-Authority axis might be biased a bit in favor of Liberty.

i haven't taken it but if i had to guess i'd be 60% equality, 75% peace, 75% liberty, 90% progress

https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=100&d=100&g=-1884&s=0
"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother”

I find these quizzes really hard to take because these issues are usually super complicated and depend a lot on the individual circumstances at play.

Like for instance, "Taxes should be increased on the rich to provide for the poor." There are many good arguments that instituting a flat-tax which is more effective at raising revenue than a progressive tax system would provide more for the poor, because there would be less complexity and fewer loopholes for the rich to get out of paying their fair share. But if we were able to flesh out an un-cheatable progressive tax code, I'd probably support it.

Either way, this is a very cool project you've made. Is this for a class?

with all the commies in this thread, it's a miracle stalin himself is not running america