Habitual problem user "patton360/Grimlock" gets banned, comes back with new alt

Author Topic: Habitual problem user "patton360/Grimlock" gets banned, comes back with new alt  (Read 68866 times)

i think it's cause he directly quoted betel

"i'll blow a candle up his starfish" betelgeuse

that is one of the worst ban reasons I have seen

I would bet that Badspot secretly hates problem users like the rest of us and is always on the lookout for a reason to ban within the boundaries. However he is self-locked within the boundaries so he has to look for any pixel stepped inside the bounds. Which leads us to here.

OK, after reading through some stuff, it seems like his ban is dumb. I mean, I'd get it if it were a perma ban for being generally toxic and it was not just based off that post, but for posting a bday thread for a banned user? Since when was that rule here?

I think it was a good ban. You shouldn't be celebrating a user that is one of the worst habitual offenders in this community. To me it's kind of like if someone made a thread celebrating software piracy. You don't do that.

I think it was a good ban. You shouldn't be celebrating a user that is one of the worst habitual offenders in this community. To me it's kind of like if someone made a thread celebrating software piracy. You don't do that.
Bullstuff. You can't compare making a birthday thread to a piracy thread.

what about the nickpb birthday thread?

The real issue is that neonfallout didn't get in trouble for doing the same thing.

That comparison is stupid, Posting about someones birthday is not even comparable like your compeison of offices and blockland servers.

Also who defines whos birthday is allowed to be celebrated? You? Do you want people to be banned for your subjective view?

Nowhere in the rules does it say you can't mention a banned user. We talk about them all the time. I let everyone know it was his birthday but I in no way posted for him or posted any content he had any part in producing. He still has friends on here, I think it's perfectly acceptable for me to let people know it's his birthday so they can reach out to him.

also to follow up, Grimlocks post had nothing to do with ravens actions on here, It wac celebrating his loving birthday not some shrine to his legacy of problems ffs this is simple logic

Does Badspot really need some just reason in the rules to ban people? This isn't a country with strict rules when it comes to the justice system. It's his forum for his game. He could have banned him just because he thinks he's a friend for all I know, and that seems pretty just to me.

GRIMLOCK HAS BEEN BANNED
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=311441.msg9586582#msg9586582
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
yeah not gonna lie I think that ban was pretty harsh

However the Nick thread really wasn't quoting him, but moreso a tribute to Nick. This was posting for a banned user unintentionally.

noedit yeah I support what neon said on this one, it's because he was posting for a banned user, not mentioning one

Does Badspot really need some just reason in the rules to ban people? This isn't a country with strict rules when it comes to the justice system. It's his forum for his game. He could have banned him just because he thinks he's a friend for all I know, and that seems pretty just to me.

Badspot is really against that, hes made numerous posts going "just cause its youre game/server doesnt mean you can do whatever you want"