Habitual problem user "patton360/Grimlock" gets banned, comes back with new alt

Author Topic: Habitual problem user "patton360/Grimlock" gets banned, comes back with new alt  (Read 68868 times)

noedit yeah I support what neon said on this one, it's because he was posting for a banned user, not mentioning one

grim probably deserved a ban for a few diff reasons, but not for making a birthday thread for his friend lol. was probs just an excuse to go ahead and do it, but there are definitely better posts that could've been picked out, cus this one gives a totally wrong impression

I'm sort of surprised neon isn't banned like nick is

why would she be? I can’t think of anything close to a reason that she would be banned “like nick is,” but anyway posting for a banned user usually has to have the motivations of the banned user behind it. So, for example, saying “Oh yeah, [banned user] hates that.” isn’t necessarily posting for a banned user, even though the entire point of the message is to communicate the feelings of a banned user. I am surprised that Grimlock got banned for that thread, but if I had to guess why he got banned and neonfallout didn’t I would say that it’s because Grimlock’s thread is half baked and most likely posted with the express intention of trolling, where as neonfallout’s thread was motivated by her kindness towards a friend that is shared mutually with a pretty decent size chunk of the forums. So while Grimlock and Neon both posted birthday threads, my best guess is that it is the intention behind the thread that is the separating factor.

why would she be? I can’t think of anything close to a reason that she would be banned “like nick is,” but anyway posting for a banned user usually has to have the motivations of the banned user behind it. So, for example, saying “Oh yeah, [banned user] hates that.” isn’t necessarily posting for a banned user, even though the entire point of the message is to communicate the feelings of a banned user. I am surprised that Grimlock got banned for that thread, but if I had to guess why he got banned and neonfallout didn’t I would say that it’s because Grimlock’s thread is half baked and most likely posted with the express intention of trolling, where as neonfallout’s thread was motivated by her kindness towards a friend that is shared mutually with a pretty decent size chunk of the forums. So while Grimlock and Neon both posted birthday threads, my best guess is that it is the intention behind the thread that is the separating factor.
huh

Badspot is really against that, hes made numerous posts going "just cause its youre game/server doesnt mean you can do whatever you want"
Well yes of course, he doesn't ban people willy nilly. But he's banned people plenty of times in the past for little things, like the purge for example.

Perhaps, or it could have maybe just gone unnoticed. Context is important and the way the message is delivered in these cases is also important. Way back in the day Mr Nobody made a drama for me while I was banned and didn't get any sort of repercussion for it, but other people have. I really don't know what the case is for this situation, but it is probably the context and message delivered in this case.

Badspot is really against that, hes made numerous posts going "just cause its youre game/server doesnt mean you can do whatever you want"
it does say in the tos he reserves the right to ban you for whatever reason he wants to

it does say in the tos he reserves the right to ban you for whatever reason he wants to
then why have rules then.

Not being a stuffhead is an implicit rule of every social situation.

Not being a stuffhead is an implicit rule of every social situation.
yeah but grimlock wasn't being a stuffhead in that thread

It's so you can't sue for any reason I guess. Especially when you pay to get in the forums lol.

im not sure what's confusing me more, grimlock's ban or the fact that people are against it in the slightest

im not sure what's confusing me more, grimlock's ban or the fact that people are against it in the slightest

Im against it because im not an authoritarianist who wants people i dont like removed from places

the same people who applaud badspot banning people willy nilly are the same people who'd get mad if it happened to someone they like