What're some good horror games for a person new to the genre to start with?

Author Topic: What're some good horror games for a person new to the genre to start with?  (Read 3000 times)

Good horror games for a beginner!

Like topic says, I'm looking for some horror games that I can play to get myself more into the horror genre.

I typically hate horror games and I'm always anxious about it but I've gotten a bit older and want to start playing some more!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:49:26 PM by kill3rman88 »

depends on what youre looking for
do you want survival horror games or more pure horror?

depends on what youre looking for
do you want survival horror games or more pure horror?

Good point, I should've specified but either works for me.

try some of the old resident evils on psx, they're cheesy enough but spooky enough to be worth your time

try some of the old resident evils on psx, they're cheesy enough but spooky enough to be worth your time

Yeah, I've the oldest resident evil I've played is Resident Evil 1, but aside from that it's been 4, 5, 6, and I want to play 7.

outlast is really good, i loved it. dunno about the second one or dlc
also the OG deadspace is a classic jumpscare/creepy game. def would recommend it

for survival horror, the resident evil remakes are a good place to start, silent hill is also a great option
if you want something more modern, try the dead space series
ive never played the condemned games myself but ive heard great things about it
my personal recommendation for you would be eternal darkness

for more standard horror, go for amnesia/outlast/SOMA
if you dont mind anime, try corpse party

for survival horror, the resident evil remakes are a good place to start, silent hill is also a great option
if you want something more modern, try the dead space series
ive never played the condemned games myself but ive heard great things about it
my personal recommendation for you would be eternal darkness

for more standard horror, go for amnesia/outlast/SOMA
if you dont mind anime, try corpse party

Well without thinking about it really.. I have played Corpse Party, and Outlast, just a second ago I was playing amnesia for the first time haha!

Try me, I'm pretty scary!

Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion

alien: isolation
this one's good, you can get it for real cheap nowadays and it's not as punishing as other horror games. Very fun.

Amnesia is a classic, real scary but it's very compelling. plus, the game's actually short (in a good way), it's just that it feels like it takes a million years to complete because you spend most of it huddled in a corner.

SOMA is an incredible game, but it's far more cerebral than typical horror fare. If you just want something scary and fun, i'd say wait on this one, because SOMA is really deep and makes you sit back and think about your actions. But, if you're interested in a horror game with a very compelling story, SOMA is the best.

I've heard very good things about resident evil 7, but a lot of people say the way to play it is in VR.

INSIDE isn't a conventional horror game but god damn if it ain't eerie as hell lol

also, the people who mades Layers Of Fear are making a new game called Observer, Layers of Fear was pretty dorky and not really that scary, but their new game looks really interesting, so be on the look out