Author Topic: environment ambience  (Read 2174 times)

would it be possible for there to be an addon that adds an option to environment settings that sets an ambient sound to play constantly in the background? for example, creating a night time environment and adding a forest ambience to play constantly

would it be possible for there to be an addon that adds an option to environment settings that sets an ambient sound to play constantly in the background? for example, creating a night time environment and adding a forest ambience to play constantly
2d music system or a global music system with ambience music files.

but its different with just playing global music. with the new environment zones mod, id like to be able to have different ambience in different environments

but its different with just playing global music. with the new environment zones mod, id like to be able to have different ambience in different environments
2d music system and onplayertouch events? lol

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:09:53 AM by Kore »

Basically this except it's on a daycycle loop
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=292415.15
but does that only work when theres a day/night cycle?

2d music system and onplayertouch events? lol
i get that you can event some things so that the ambience will change, but theres just too many situations where you cant do that, and it usually happens to not work with the builds i make.

If you want to simply hear one sound 24/7 on your server just use a server wide music brick or some stuff
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8smpng38gsffasy/Brick_2dMusic.zip?dl=1

i get that you can event some things so that the ambience will change, but theres just too many situations where you cant do that, and it usually happens to not work with the builds i make.

Use zone enter/exit events

Onplayenterzone/client/2dmusic/[musicloop]

Onplayexitzone/client/2dmusic/[musicloop]

http://orbs.daprogs.com/rtb/forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile0597.html?id=3024
This is the System_2Dmusic (basically events to play music to your client)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:18:03 AM by Kore »

but what i wanted was the ability for the environment zones to have ambience you hear upon entering the zones. i use zone bricks a lot in my builds, so i end up having env zones inside of zone bricks, so if i wanted there to be a different ambience in that env zone i wouldnt be able to, plus i wouldnt be able to do it with regular zones since i cant place zone bricks inside of zone bricks. i could use onplayertouch or onactivate or whatever but that would end up being really complicated and i wouldnt be able to make it so that if i enter an area, the ambience changes and stuff like that, and then back to another ambience once you exit. of course you could do something like toggleeventenabled but that could easily be broken if there are multiple entrances to the area with the different ambience.

Do the environment zones actually count as zones that block zone brick placement?

Do the environment zones actually count as zones that block zone brick placement?
environment zones create trigger zones, which is how zone bricks work (on plant, create trigger zone). you can overlap zones. scp is just saying you cant place zone bricks inside zone bricks cause bricks cant overlap unless one is in the water layer and the other is not