Author Topic: Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop  (Read 1050 times)

The long awaited update? dlc? sequel? enhancement? to alien swarm, free to play on Steam. Pretty intense and pretty damn fun for such a simple concept, esp if you can get a good 8 man team together.

Some notable features:
  • minimap you can draw on, to direct teammates and/or draw richards
  • position tracking throughout the entire map so you can see who forgeted up and fell behind and died when and where
  • friendly fire always on; court martial or kick the worst player on the team post-game
  • 4 classes, 2 of each max. unlockable weapons and class specific stuff make it really teamwork focused.

seriously, go get it now and play. its free. there's no reason not to give it a try,

yEsss I used to play the crap out of this game and then they nerfed the Tesla support gun and I rage quit :((((

But is this a fan-made update? Or are the original developers behind it but with a new developer name?

• minimap you can draw on, to direct teammates and/or draw richards
  • position tracking throughout the entire map so you can see who forgeted up and fell behind and died when and where
  • friendly fire always on; court martial or kick the worst player on the team post-game
  • 4 classes, 2 of each max. unlockable weapons and class specific stuff make it really teamwork focused.
what are the differences from ASwarm though

Apparently it's 8 player co-op rather than just 4, and there are more aliens (antlion guards from HL2 are all that I've seen mentioned specifically, but the steam page says there are more).
Also has more/longer campaigns and steam workshop support.

yes the campaigns are hard and 8 players max yeah

though i saw a few 32 player servers, guess people are already on modding it