Author Topic: [Map] Kitchen  (Read 28335 times)

I love this. Thank you.
But i've got a question: Is there a way to make it work with the StaticMaps addon?

I love this. Thank you.
But i've got a question: Is there a way to make it work with the StaticMaps addon?
Thank you for the support.  This topic is still alive, and that's neat.

Totally possible, someone would have to rework the script files.
But its not practical imo.

Why's it so difficult to model collisions? If you have the whole map modeled already, can't you just use those models as collision models?
NOTE: I don't know anything about this

At high speeds, collision w/vehicles in Blockland is basically broken.  To get it working correctly, I had to split the model up into small convex chunks, and do some resizing ingame to force the engine to check for collision more often.

If vehicles didn't exist, doing collision would be much easier.  I believe you could take large chunks of a pre-existing maps, turn collision on, and export them as StaticShapes.

At high speeds, collision w/vehicles in Blockland is basically broken.  To get it working correctly, I had to split the model up into small convex chunks, and do some resizing ingame to force the engine to check for collision more often.

If vehicles didn't exist, doing collision would be much easier.  I believe you could take large chunks of a pre-existing maps, turn collision on, and export them as StaticShapes.

Speaking of collision, when you make make maps how do you make the bricks placeable? when I do so the bricks go through it. Vehicles work perfectly.

Speaking of collision, when you make make maps how do you make the bricks placeable? when I do so the bricks go through it. Vehicles work perfectly.
I don't remember a specific method, I think it just worked for the most part.  r/n afaik you can place a brick halfway into the wall and it will plant.  I'm not sure what to do about that.

I've seen problems with certain horizontal surfaces, where the height of the surface is in exactly the wrong spot, causing float errors when you plant slightly above it, and uh, whatever it was, the pink error, when you place a little bit too low.  I usually just adjust the height of the collision surface a little bit to make it work.

I don't remember a specific method, I think it just worked for the most part.  r/n afaik you can place a brick halfway into the wall and it will plant.  I'm not sure what to do about that.

I've seen problems with certain horizontal surfaces, where the height of the surface is in exactly the wrong spot, causing float errors when you plant slightly above it, and uh, whatever it was, the pink error, when you place a little bit too low.  I usually just adjust the height of the collision surface a little bit to make it work.
I meant like in blender. in my maps i cant place blocks on the map.