mario kart 8 deluxe is fun

Author Topic: mario kart 8 deluxe is fun  (Read 3541 times)

got the game, and yea, its real fun. battle mode is of course a billion times better than mk8's which means its actually worth playing now
also INKLINGS GOD DAMNIT
so yea, discuss mk8 deluxe and stuff i guess, the best of the mario karts so far (imo)

list of features (thanks gr8dayseth for much of it):
refined battle mode, unlike the afterthought it was in mk8 it actually has several modes to choose from with its own unique battle courses
5 new characters (including 2 characters that were never in any previous mario kart game, the inklings)
fire hopping exploit is gone
able to hold two items (not quite like double dash as it's a queue and u can't switch between them)
strategically placed double item boxes to go along with the ability to hold 2 items
ultra mini turbos, a third tier of drifting that's purple
a smart steering feature for newcomers, so if u have a friend or sibling or whatever that sucks they can still play and have fun with u
the boo item both in races and battles and the feather item in battles
the new characters and karts obviously
all the tracks, cc's, and characters (except gold mario which is just an alt skin of metal mario) are unlocked from the beginning which is pretty nice for people who like to just get right into it with friends, still have to get kart parts tho
able to select 48 races in vs mode now instead of 32
able to change characters and karts in online lobbies
some different stats to things
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:26:44 PM by Mr Queeba »

lol@ paying another 60 dollars for a game you already have + a gamemode you will never play

lol@ paying another 60 dollars for a game you already have + a gamemode you will never play
but i didnt already have it wut now

battle mode is one of the best parts about mario kart you nerd

but i didnt already have it wut now
this is the only acceptable answer

i don't even give a stuff about mario kart but if battle mode is the new addition that stuff was awesome in double dash don't disrespect

aw yea i'm totally gonna get it again when i get a switch cus it's better and i can play it in more places
now when i can get a switch is a mystery

DS had the best battle modes imo

this is the only acceptable answer
I only paid 47 for it, thanks amazon.
DS had the best battle modes imo
DS
Had the only boss in mario kart.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:42:55 PM by Master Matthew² »

btw for those who care and don't already know there are some more changes than just battle mode, although that is the big one, but there's also

• able to hold two items, not quite like double dash as it's a queue and u can't switch between them
  • and along that strategically placed double item boxes
  • ultra mini turbos, a third tier of drifting that's purple
  • a smart steering feature for newcomers, so if u have a friend or sibling or whatever that sucks they can still play and have fun with u
  • the boo item both in races and battles and the feather item in battles
  • the new characters and karts obviously
  • all the tracks, cc's, and characters (except gold mario which is just an alt skin of metal mario) are unlocked from the beginning which is pretty nice for people who like to just get right into it with friends, still have to get kart parts tho
  • able to select 48 races in vs mode now instead of 32
  • able to change characters and karts in online lobbies
  • some different stats to things

there's probably some more things but that's all off the top of my head

how does it feel playing it with one joycon? wanting to know because if it feels good, me and my friends will play this a lot.

ISABELLE IS IN MK8:D
she is the cutest character EVER

how does it feel playing it with one joycon? wanting to know because if it feels good, me and my friends will play this a lot.
Its actually good, better than playing puyo puyo tetris, but thats because mario kart 8 is a racing game.

I don't like all the characters being unlocked from the start because I want something to work for