6 (17.6%)
it looks okay. might buy
11 (32.4%)
looks okay. not buying
7 (20.6%)
not good
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Far Cry 5: its out  (Read 26748 times)

can't wait to kill some christians

i hate white people

can't wait to kill some christians

but they aren't christian

just batstuff crazies who think they christian smh
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:52:18 PM by Timestamp »

imo they resemble something more like the branch dividians or even a peoples temple-esque group rather than an actual group of average protestant country folk

i do like the direction they're going in though, spook hillbilly cults with lots and lots of weapons have the potential to be pretty cool and entertaining villains. i just hope ubisoft doesn't go full 'haha current political environment!!' with the game and handle it as poorly as they can and stuff it full of republican/Annoying Orange jokes. if they don't just go with a 'they like Annoying Orange and are evvuulll' path with the game and actually manage to make a fun game about hillbillies to go hand-in-hand with a decent crime/mystery narrative, then there could definitely be a boost in my respect for the company for once

I have basically no faith in Ubisoft, but their stories are usually pretty good. It's the gameplay they keep on loving up. Far Cry 3 was a great game, but I don't want the same thing again, especially not after 4 which was actually just a clone of FC3. It's not a bad gameplay loop, but I want something fresh.

all the news outlets are saying that this is super controversial and then they list all the other games in the past year that have done it

we all know it would be a lot more controversial if it wasn't God-whispering hicks and instead it were insane hyper communist Antifa types, but then again that'd be the easiest Far Cry game ever

they look a little too clean to be batstuff crazy villains.

I have basically no faith in Ubisoft, but their stories are usually pretty good. It's the gameplay they keep on loving up. Far Cry 3 was a great game, but I don't want the same thing again, especially not after 4 which was actually just a clone of FC3. It's not a bad gameplay loop, but I want something fresh.

^^

the cover looks like some source filmmaker render lol

i agree all else but as for the far cry 4 being a clone thing i believe i disagree in some aspects. people just go on a bandwagon and call far cry 4 a FC3 clone which just isn't true in my opinion, as a person who played both games. i'm not saying you're claiming that but if you do i understand.

transparent text for possible spoilers:

far cry 4 gameplay wise was just like far cry 3, gun-play wise, weapon-wise (although they have added more stuff including season pass and such such), however in it's plot i like where you are able to visit Shangri-la and be a different character only with a bow this time. the slow time and etc was pretty cool too. but as for story-wise far cry 4 is set on controversial and political choices you make during the plot, progressive or traditional. as for far cry 3  it's set on a person who emotionally and mentally changes after just loving over bad guys in the island, he goes from an innocent person to a cold-blooded killer. the plot differs a lot and what you do to the plot is also different.

i haven't really seen any forget-ups in gameplay besides, maybe the DLC in singleplayer and such are handicapped moves and they should probably stop doing that but other than that i haven't seen much. it's kinda bland with the same gameplay and gunplay for the normal far cries (if you exclude far cry primal out of this).

you mark the spoilers for years-old games like they had good plot at all

you mark the spoilers for years-old games like they had good plot at all

is this post a joke

let me guess, the main villain is going to be charming, suave, have a lot of witty one liners and quips, but he has an insane temper.

let me guess, the main villain is going to be charming, suave, have a lot of witty one liners and quips, but he has an insane temper.

he looks too normal

needs to have a handicapped haircut

I mean, it's sort of characteristic of psychopathic dictators and cult leaders to be able to manipulate others and have little self control, but I get it sort of seems like a played out trope.