Author Topic: Help! My parents won't stay out of my business!  (Read 5570 times)

1. pay for the house and kick them out for trespassing
2. pay for the internet and change the password
3. if none of the above can be done then stop complaining and be grateful you even have shelter and internet to begin with

1. pay for the house and kick them out for trespassing
2. pay for the internet and change the password
3. if none of the above can be done then stop complaining and be grateful you even have shelter and internet to begin with
not really an excuse for his parents invading his privacy for no good reason, tho

not really an excuse for his parents invading his privacy for no good reason, tho
if they pay for your room then they have every reason to enter and exit as they please. if they pay for your internet, they can monitor it as much as they want

if they pay for your room then they have every reason to enter and exit as they please. if they pay for your internet, they can monitor it as much as they want
Might does not make right

let them catch you jerking off to ensure that they'll never enter unannounced again
depending on the parents the reaction to that could be more along the lines of removing your door

Might does not make right
beggars cannot be choosers. if someone's paying for your stuff then you have no authority over what they do with it. it doesn't matter how right or wrong it is, they own the damn place

his personal space and privacy isn't being invaded. its not like he's being stripped naked and humiliated, his parents are just going into his room, a room that they pay for
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:26:54 PM by PhantOS »

^^^ gonna be a bad parent someday

beggars cannot be choosers. if someone's paying for your stuff then you have no authority over what they do with it. it doesn't matter how right or wrong it is, they own the damn place

his personal space and privacy isn't being invaded. its not like he's being stripped naked and humiliated, his parents are just going into his room, a room that they pay for
they're refusing to allow him to hold a private social life online and they're peeping into the contents of his private communications. they can have access to any and all accounts tied to his e-mail address. this is not okay and it is not healthy. it's as if they attached a gopro to him so they could record everything that he ever does. that's overstepping their boundaries. they need to respect their child as an individual or else they will severely damage him
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:35:26 PM by otto-san »

how? if im working 48 hours a week and paying thousands of dollars for my child to have a good life, im gunna make sure they respect me and know that i can do whatever I want because i obviously own the damn place

they're refusing to allow him to hold a private social life online and they're peeping into the contents of his private communications. they can have access to any and all accounts tied to his e-mail address. this is not okay and it is not healthy.
OP is 13-14 years old. im sure if they're monitoring his internet progress it's because they understand how dangerous the content can be on the internet and want to protect their child. i would do the same thing because i know how easy it is to find messed up stuff online

how? if im working 48 hours a week and paying thousands of dollars for my child to have a good life, im gunna make sure they respect me and know that i can do whatever I want because i obviously own the damn place
OP is 12-13 years old. im sure if they're monitoring his internet progress it's because they understand how dangerous the content can be on the internet and want to protect their child. i would do the same thing because i know how easy it is to find messed up stuff online
children are not property. they are individuals and deserve to be treated as such. if you treat your child as if you have ultimate authority over them and can do whatever you want to them, refuse to allow them a private life, and refuse to respect them as a human being separate from yourself, you are being abusive

OP is 13-14 years old. im sure if they're monitoring his internet progress it's because they understand how dangerous the content can be on the internet and want to protect their child. i would do the same thing because i know how easy it is to find messed up stuff online
There IS such a thing as being overprotective, you know.

children are not property. they are individuals and deserve to be treated as such. if you treat your child as if you have ultimate authority over them and can do whatever you want to them, refuse to allow them a private life, and refuse to respect them as a human being separate from yourself, you are being abusive
children are not property but the internet you pay $50 a month for and their $400+ computer is definitely your property.

There IS such a thing as being overprotective, you know.
Monitoring an adolescent's online activity isn't being overprotective. Anything less than that is essentially negligence. You can literally google 'gore' right now and find pages upon pages of obscene content. if my daughter were to come across that stuff at 13 or 14 years old i would freak the forget out

the internet is a dangerous place for young teens. besides the bad content, its easy to be mislead by people online or accidentally give out important information. all of this in mind, it's safe to put on some sort of parental controls until the child is like 15 or 16, when they are mature enough to handle such information
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:41:41 PM by PhantOS »

I'm pretty sure most teens in the age range of 13-14 know what that stuff is in most parts of the world.

15 or 16? wtf?
its hard to preach this stuff to a forum of 15-16 year olds but honestly, the internet is a privilege and you should be grateful that you're even allowed to use it so liberally.

i personally think that monitoring internet use is a necessity until that age, and after that point they're pretty much old enough to look up what they want

I'm pretty sure most teens in the age range of 13-14 know what that stuff is in most parts of the world.
Most teens at that age range are still immature and can't handle some information that well.