Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 132076 times)

"Will there be anything else?"
Following heads turning and no response, Norum speaks up, "No, I think that should be all."
The waiter closes his pad and puts the pen back in his pocket. "Alright, I'll be back in a minute."
The waiter leaves.

Norum looks around trying to observe his surroundings, number of people around, etc. He also tries to covertly sneak a look at the other parties at other lounge seating.

There is a TV in the room, which is currently set to an English sports channel and is subtitled in the same language, currently running sports commentary on tonight's game. The music that was playing in the restaurant is playing in the lounge as well, albeit quieter. The controls for the lighting, music, and TV are on a small touch panel in the middle of the table.

Elena takes a menu and leans back in her chair.

Amanda, who is not with the group and is elsewhere in the city finally hears from Elena again.

"Can you hear me? We should have checked to see whether or not this system worked before you left,"

Norum looks around trying to observe his surroundings, number of people around, etc. He also tries to covertly sneak a look at the other parties at other lounge seating.

The bar is darkened by design as a stylistic choice. Though the place is large, it is not very full. All but a couple of the lounge seats are taken. Other parties are watching the sports commentary on the TV, or have the TV off. What they are talking about is impossible to tell, as you cannot hear through the privacy glass.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:53:29 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Norum leans back, arms folded behind his head. He turns to watch whatever is on TV, waiting for his drink to arrive.

Daniel glances about at the unfamiliar faces, then at the menus.  He grabs one, and buries his face in it, reading through the entrees section.  After he makes his decision, he sets his menu back down, looking around again, awkwardly.

After losing interest in the Cricket match on TV, Norum picks up a menu and begins casually browsing it.

"Can you hear me? We should have checked to see whether or not this system worked before you left,"

Elena's voice rang in Amanda's ears as if she were walking beside her. The sidewalk bustled with activity of people coming and going, probably going to a club since thats all people do these days.

"I put a lot of faith in things I've had my hands in. I knew you couldn't stay silent long, what is it you need?"

"I was going to thank you for your job well done. I'll forward you your stipend later, on top of my thanks for visiting tonight. When you get around to it, I'd like you to go to the grocery store at the location on your phone, and take that thumb drive and toss it in to a computer there. Preferably the one handling the security, but any of them should be good vector."

Elena sits in silence. She picks out what she wants to eat, and sets her menu down.

She eventually speaks up.

"If anyone wants to change the channel they're welcome by me,"

Ryde takes the menu, ordering some Mac 'n' Cheese
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:18:04 PM by Agent Legit 22 »

The waiter returns with the drinks and passes them out.

"Alright, we ready to order food?" he asks, pulling out his pad and clicking his pen.

The waiter scribbles down the Mac 'n Cheese order.

"I'll take the pulled pork sliders." Norum says as the waiter looks up.
"Fries on the side?"
"Uh, yeah sounds good. Thanks."

Norum takes the wrapper off of the straw, places it in the iced tea, and sips it. The waiter writes down Norum's order, then looks to the rest of the table for orders.

"Chicken Parmesan, please," Daniel said, and handed his menu to the waiter.  He took a sip from his water.

The waiter scribbles out the order while asking, "Side of salad, garlic knots, or fries?"

"Salad, please.  French dressing, on the side."

He finishes scrawling out the order, letting out a casual "ooohhkaay...", then looks to Elena.