Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 132088 times)

Daniel would be standing outside, tinkering with his PDA.  It looks as though he may be playing some game, or maybe perusing his favorite dating app.

Norum casually strolls up to Daniel, "Hey. Name's Norum." he says, outstretching a hand. "Sorry about all that ruckus inside. I have little patience for over-demanding outsiders."

He looks at the man with the heavy step, looking him up and down, then at his outstretched hand, "What do you mean to say?  That I've made some kind of demand you didn't like?  I walked up to the forgetin' table, drank my water, and said jack stuff, what do you have to say to me knockin' you out-forgetin'-cold, pal?"

"No, the lady from the other side of the Hurdle," Norum says, keeping his hand out, still trying to remain friendly. "I made a bad impression in there."

Daniel's scowl remained as he continued to look Norum up and down.  He seemed to relax a bit, and looked back down at Norum's hand, "I don't uh... I don't shake hands," he said, flexing his right hand.
     Through some holes in the palms of the glove, Norum might spy a metallic sheen, "Sorry about my... outburst.  Paranoia, comes easy in my line of work I suppose," he said, "I'm Daniel, though."

Norum tilts his head, noticing the gaps in the glove. An expression of realization sweeps over him. "Oh, of course."

Norum's hand returns to his side.

"Another private contractor, then. Haven't heard of you or seen you in my line of work, though."

"Let's not uh... let's not talk about it too much out here," Daniel replied, looking around the street.

"Let's not uh... let's not talk about it too much out here," Daniel replied, looking around the street.
"Right. You coming for the rest of the route? Elena's paying, and we even got the car here so you don't need to worry about getting around either."

"The bar crawl?  I suppose I'll tag along.  Although, I don't drink."

"Hey, it doesn't have to be exclusively alcohol. If you need a bite to eat, don't worry about it "
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:29:13 PM by SWAT One »

"Right... yeah, I'll tag along."

The group moves to the next bar, Nyugen's Lounge. The building itself is on the ground floor in on a relatively clean looking block in Midtown's commercial areas. The bar itself is on the ground floor of a small tower, with the four or five some floors of space above appearing to be office space.

The interior is clean looking as well, designed in a darkened and matted contemporary style with warm lighting. The bar counter is in an island in the center of the room.

Elena opens a tab and gets lounge seating. The lounge is a table in its own split level section below the rest of the bar, made somewhat private by half walls under large panes of glass acting as a privacy wall. There are several of these lounges in a row, and a few of them have been taken by other parties.

The group is seated and a waiter takes orders for drinks.

"Hi, I'll take an Iced Tea. Not the Long Island, though.

"I'd like a soda.", says Ryde.

"Water.  With lemon, please," Daniel told the waiter.
     The waiter wrote it down, then asked, "Synthetic okay?"
     "Fine," Daniel replied, rubbing his hands together.