INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 128925 times)

INHUMAN
Click for music

OMG why is this post so big?
Calm down and have a look.

Wikia — Coming soon.

Background

The rate at which technology has advanced is increasing exponentially.  In the distant future, technology has become super-integrated with human society.  Humanoid robots and advanced virtual-intelligences have become a common item in the average household.  The most recent trend however, is permanent mechanical body-modifications.  Once reserved for use only in military and law-enforcement settings, these modifications have made their way into the black market, becoming available in criminal organizations and even among civilians.  These body-modifications can provide numerous benefits, ranging from simple limb replacements to optical and cerebral implants.  These black market modifications have never been known to be the highest of quality, or come from the most legitimate sources, which often causes problems with those who choose to invest in them.

The Game

This is a text-based roleplay revolving around a small group of victims portrayed by you, the forumers.  Your character, a small time criminal in the fictional city of Aurum – the neon-filled industrial capital of Earth – has received an outdated black market body-modification.  You soon discover that the outdated body-modification has a fatal flaw, ranging from radiation poisoning, heavy metal poisoning, electrical faults, electrocution, and persistent infections, which are all too common maladies associated with black market mods and the hack-job surgeries to install them.  Unsure of how long you have to live, you team up with other criminals who have received these faulty modifications from the same Doctor to hunt him down, no matter the cost, in order to save your life.

Map
(May not work on all browsers/if it doesn't work,
refresh the page)

The Rules

The rules are your standard roleplaying rules: No metagame, No powergame, etc., but with a few added rules.
  • Because this game relies on players to work together, no player may kill another player.
  • Don't be unrealistic.  Sure, this is a cyberpunk/sci-fi type roleplay, so it's hard to tell what's realistic and what's not, but at least use common sense.  If it seems ridiculous, don't do it, or ask first.
  • No asspull.  Don't just pull items and weapons out of thin-air.  It ruins the fun for everyone.
  • Don't be a richard, no one likes a richard.  We're here to have fun.  You may not like a person, and I'm not asking you to, just tolerate them and don’t make a fuss about them.
Simple, right?  Right.

The Characters

Now we're onto everyone's favorite part:  The characters.  So here's the deal, each character will start out with a body-modification that they make up.  Nothing over the top, I won't be accepting characters with ridiculous modifications (e.g. invincibility, mind reading, invisibility, no super hero type stuff).  Characters are allowed to start with weapons, but limit it to things that common thugs would have.  Pistols, blades, etc.  No military grade hardware - not yet, anyways.  It's preferred you keep weapons un-named, as we are in a future setting and they need to be made up, so I'll make them up for you.

Regarding character death, there are limited circumstances under which a character may as per the rulebook—when a character puts their life on the line to gain a bonus to all rolls until the end of the mission, or if a certain death scenario is declared.

Current List of Players
(If you see missing or incorrect information, notify staff on #character-builder)

Want to avoid dealing with BLF's BBCode, Apply Online!

Code: [Select]
[i]Character[/i]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]
[quote author=Inventory][b]Pockets[/b]:
[b]Backpack/Purse/Satchel[/b]: (Remove if not applicable)
[b]Weapons[/b]:
[/quote]
[b]Body Modification[/b]: Please title your modification and explain its purpose/function here.  You will be notified if it is not approved.
[b]Short backstory[/b]: This is optional, remove if left blank.
[b]Reference picture(s)[/b]: This is optional, remove if left blank.

Where did this section of the OP go? What about STATS?
This topic had not seen any updates to the OP in a very, very long time. The information posted here was so obsolete that arachnologists believe that the spider cobweb colony that had developed here had begun to show signs of developing language patterns, social hierarchy and maybe even the discovery of fire. The old information provided no help with current gameplay. All character building in regards to stats will be carried out in the Discord in #character-builder.

Credits

• blazerblock2 - Original RP, concept, setting
  • Mr. Hurricane - Rulebook, story, setting, gameplay, GM
  • SWAT One - Setting, characters, story, visuals, organizational and formatting guru, Vice GM
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 01:45:43 AM by SWAT One »

Join the Discord
(Click to join)

Applicants and players encouraged to join.

Missions

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:16:10 AM by SWAT One »

The wiki button in OP doesn't have a link on it.

WELL THIS SOUNDS COOL AF.
Will the wiki tell me about the countries ?

The op is only big because we want details available to you throughout the game and when applying—you won't use it right away.

I think I should also like to clarify, even though the topic op does look intimidating, we selected a simplified combat system so that combat would have the least amount of work put on you, the player.  We handle the combat calculation, but if you do have any questions in regards to how it's handled, ask Delta/Mr. hurricane.  We also simplified combat to make the storyline easier to follow.

Regarding character design, I also want to stress that we will work with you and help to make it as easy to understand as possible.

Feeling better? Take me back.

WELL THIS SOUNDS COOL AF.
Will the wiki tell me about the countries ?
The RP takes place in Aurum only, a fictional country occupying the island of Taiwan.  In short, it is a former British colony much like Hong Kong, but they held on until 1953.

The wiki button in OP doesn't have a link on it.
The Wiki is in progress.  We're scrubbing it from the old game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:01:17 PM by SWAT One »

A player only need fill out a character form right now. I will be available to walk players through filling out their skills once they've applied.

The Wiki is in progress.  We're scrubbing it from the old game.
Could i help with the lore a bit ?

Could i help with the lore a bit ?
Tbh, almost all of the story and lore is already fleshed out.  Thank you for the offer however.

It is 100% finished at the time being, so:
A player only need fill out a character form right now. I will be available to walk players through filling out their skills once they've applied.

Character:
Name: Elena Adler
Physical Description: 5'7, slender build, pale skin, blue-gray eyes. She wears her hair with shaved sides.
Quote from: Inventory
Pockets: Wallet (ID Card, Payment Card, Receipts, $37.50 Aurum Dollars)
Satchel: PD-9
Weapons: PD-9 (Satchel)
Body Modification: General Purpose Mind-Net Link, Add-On Medical Neurological Implant, Illegal Joywire Mod, Augmented Sight and Hearing, Card Readers in Index Fingers

GPM-NL acts like a computer in her head, and functions much the same way along with telecommunications abilities, comes with a VI. The medical implant helps Elena monitor the symptoms she suffers from her faulty implants, as well as manage pain. The Joywire Mod allows Elena to shock herself into artificial highs. Eye and ear augments grant her exceptional hearing and sight, finally card readers are self-explanatory.

The downside to all of this technology in her head is that if Elena suffers anything more than a low grade concussion, or an electromagnetic pulse, she could easily die.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:57:16 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Character:
Name: Norum Valentieu
Physical Description
A young man standing at only 5’1” with dark skin, messy black hair usually kept under a hat, and brown eyes.  He usually wears more baggy clothes and is almost always seen carrying a satchel, sometimes a backpack.
Pockets: Wallet with $2,341; a small bundle of vouchers, expired and not; a paperclip. Autonomous Automatic Screwdriver (AA Screwdriver)
Satchel: Long coat, written messages, a magazine for the Type-159
Weapons: Type-159 Pistol (in satchel), switch blade in pocket
Body Modification: Speedy running legs that allow him to run at up to 35 mph and jump over 6 feet high.
Short backstory: He was born prematurely and with shrunken and unusable legs.  Rounds of different prosthetics were installed throughout his life, but kept failing him, as he could only run away from the kids who picked on him.  Eventually, he had his current legs installed which afforded him incredible speed, but at the cost of ever-increasing insomnia and periodic moments of temporary paralysis.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:19:01 AM by SWAT One »

Character:
Name: Chong Eun-Jae 'Jay'
Physical Description 5'11, Korean with pale complexion and swept up hair. Dresses semi-formally.
Pockets: Switchblade, wallet with $1,765, cigarette lighter
Weapons: Switchblade (pocket), Type-159 9mm pistol
Body Modification: VorzaTech Vocalizer throat implant, illegally modified hand prosthetics
VorzaTech Vocalizer allows Jay to consciously change the tone or pitch of his voice, in order to control emotion while attempting to scam potential victims. His illegally modified hand prosthetics allow for miniature movements of his hands in order to snatch loose cash or wallets, with his index finger having been illegally modified to be able to act as a multi-tool.
Reference picture(s): http://i.imgur.com/DUK8umC.jpg
Primary Stats:
Mind +1, Body 0, Body 0
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:28:20 PM by bigcapitalbaka »

Character:
Name: Chong Eun-Jae 'Jay'
Physical Description 5'11, Korean with pale complexion and swept up hair. Dresses semi-formally.Body Modification: VorzaTech Vocalizer throat implant, illegally modified hand prosthetics
VorzaTech Vocalizer allows Jay to consciously change the tone or pitch of his voice, in order to control emotion while attempting to scam potential victims. His illegally modified hand prosthetics allow for miniature movements of his hands in order to snatch loose cash or wallets, with his index finger having been illegally modified to be able to act as a multi-tool.
Reference picture(s): http://i.imgur.com/DUK8umC.jpg

Accepted. Please feel free to join our Discord for the RP. I will be available tomorrow afternoon to help you set up your character's skills.

stuff, forgeted up a bit with my character so i will restart later.

Character:
Name: Eugene Johnson
Physical Description 5'10 Englishman with the most fanciest moustache. Dresses like a posh gentleman who is out in a hunt.
Pockets: His wallet (Has an driver's licence, ID card, 25 *insert currency.) and his phone
Satchel: A canteen filled with whiskey, some munition for the gun, a modified P2R pistol.
Weapons: A modified P2R pistol
Body Modification: Will Tell inc.'s tripod arms implant, the enhanced huntsman's monocle.
Will Tell inc.'s tripod arms implant allow their user to "Lock" their arm around a weapon or a object. Arm "Locking" is pretty much the robotic hands tightening the grip on the gun, which will in turn reduce the recoil quite alot. Once an arm is "Locked", the hand cannot be moved.
The enhanced huntsman's monocle is an special lentil used in the glasses of some military personel, which gives updates on the weather and some balistic calculations. After seeing such things in the military, most rich people requested the lenses to be made for them and seeing an GREAT opportunity to gets some money, most companies made the lenses look like futuristic monocles.
Short backstory: Eugene Johnson was born in England in a rich English family. In his day of youth he was interested into marksmanship and hunting, so much so that he installed some body modifications to improve in hunting and marksmanship. After a while, Eugene was bored with shooting targets, wild beasts and wild beasts with cybernetic enhancments, he decided to become an assassin and hunt his targets for fun.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:42:36 PM by cromartini »

stuff, forgeted up a bit with my character so i will restart later.

Character:
Name: Eugene Johnson
Physical Description 5'10 Englishman with the most fanciest moustache. Dresses like a posh gentleman who is out in a hunt.
Body Modification: Will Tell inc.'s tripod arms implant, the enhanced huntsman's monocle.
Will Tell inc.'s tripod arms implant allow their user to "Lock" their arm around a weapon or a object. Arm "Locking" is pretty much the robotic hands tightening the grip on the gun, which will in turn reduce the recoil quite alot. Once an arm is "Locked", the hand cannot be moved.
The enhanced huntsman's monocle is an special lentil used in the glasses of some military personel, which gives updates on the weather and some balistic calculations. After seeing such things in the military, most rich people requested the lenses to be made for them and seeing an GREAT opportunity to gets some money, most companies made the lenses look like futuristic monocles.
Short backstory: Eugene Johnson was born in England in a rich English family. In his day of youth he was interested into marksmanship and hunting, so much so that he installed some body modifications to improve in hunting and marksmanship. After a while, Eugene was bored with shooting targets, wild beasts and wild beasts with cybernetic enhancments, he decided to become an assassin and hunt his targets for fun.

Denied as-is, however, we are willing to work with you to create an acceptable character. You are invited to join us on our Discord, where SWAT and myself will be available to help you.

Denied as-is, however, we are willing to work with you to create an acceptable character. You are invited to join us on our Discord, where SWAT and myself will be available to help you.
It says how the link of the discord has expired