INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 128363 times)

Ryde approaches out from the doorway, and enters the building. He keeps an eye on the street, though. He then dips his head out the doorway, and looks around the street.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:01:41 PM by Agent Legit 22 »

"Folks-"
Zhang quickly ducks into the building, nervously clicking her gun to safe.
"-heard at least one car, maybe more. Coming closer. I think we've drawn some attention we didn't want."
She rubs her eyes, trying as hard as she can to avert her gaze from the bodies littering the room.

Jae withdraws behind cover and lowers his gun, blinking rapidly at what's happened so fast.

Rog keeps slamming the door on the mook.

You keep crushing him with more cracks, if this keeps up you'll likely start disfiguring the guy. He's looking very much not alive.

Elena trains her gun loosely on the Thug, looking a bit sick at the mess she just made, as well as Rog tenderizing the mook. With every blow she looks sicker.

"Could you loving stop that?!" she snaps.

The thug with his hands in the air looks nervously for any kind of instruction, and is starting to look awfully pale. Elena turns to him.

"Where's the Doctor at?"

Ryde approaches out from the doorway, and enters the building. He keeps an eye on the street, though. He then dips his head out the doorway, and looks around the street.

The street itself is clear.

1d6 + Mind + Awareness vs Difficulty 6
4 + 0 + 2 vs Difficulty 6
Test Passed

You hear ever so faintly the noise of engines, unless you're imagining it.

"Folks-"
Zhang quickly ducks into the building, nervously clicking her gun to safe.
"-heard at least one car, maybe more. Coming closer. I think we've drawn some attention we didn't want."
She rubs her eyes, trying as hard as she can to avert her gaze from the bodies littering the room.

Elena looks your way briefly with a look of concern, as does the thug.

Jae withdraws behind cover and lowers his gun, blinking rapidly at what's happened so fast.

Boy what a mess you've all made.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:30:48 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

The street itself is clear.

1d6 + Mind + Awareness vs Difficulty 6
4 + 0 + 2 vs Difficulty 6
Test Passed

You hear ever so faintly the noise of engines, unless you're imagining it.
Ryde looks for any nearby windows which appear to be open on the nearby buildings or streets to see if they have any stalkers in the nearby buildings

Norum relaxes hearing the fight appears over.
"Someone check on the mook in the john."
"And Rog, sweet Jesus you don't need to force 'im in the ground; they'll find a grave for 'im later," he says with a twinge of disgust appearing on his brow and corners of his mouth.

He then hears Zhang and stops, "I'll be on the lookout for any activity." he says, walking towards the door, pistol in his right to his side.  "I'll rendezvous if I hear or see anything unusual."

He stops next to Zhang and places his left hand on her right shoulder, "Hey, it'll get better.  Take a breath." he says looking on before continuing on his way outside.

Norum looks up and surveys the building and the building across a ways, and tries to either jump onto the one opposite the one they raised in a single bound, if not by ricocheting off of each side fore landing on top.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:33:15 PM by SWAT One »

Ryde looks for any nearby windows which appear to be open on the nearby buildings or streets to see if they have any stalkers in the nearby buildings

You spot nothing and nobody watching from the tother buildings.

Norum relaxes hearing the fight appears over.
"Someone check on the mook in the john."
"And Rog, sweet Jesus you don't need to force 'im in the ground; they'll find a grave for 'im later," he says with a twinge of disgust appearing on his brow and corners of his mouth.

He then hears Zhang and stops, "I'll be on the lookout for any activity." he says, walking towards the door, pistol in his right to his side.  "I'll rendezvous if I hear or see anything unusual."

He stops next to Zhang and places his left hand on her right shoulder, "Hey, it'll get better.  Take a breath." he says looking on before continuing on his way outside.

Norum looks up and surveys the building and the building across a ways, and tries to either jump onto the one opposite the one they raised in a single bound, if not by ricocheting off of each side fore landing on top.

1d6 + Body + Athletics vs Difficulty 8
Knack Skill Rolls: 5, 2
5 + 1 + 3 vs Difficulty 8
Test Passed

With some effort you bound to the rooftop, not without damaging the exterior of this building and the building next door however.

You do confirm the suspicions. There are vehicles on their way, four in fact, as they've just rounded the corner. Three cars and a van. You pick out that one or two of them are still internal combustion. They'll be on top of you in ten seconds or so.

"The old guy who does the implants stuff? He said something about a house- house call? I think!" The thug fumbles his words with anxiety in his voice.

Elena picks up on the thunder of motors outside and looks extremely concerned.

Norum jumps down, skidding whenever possible to soften the landing.  He then dashes inside directly to Elena, and whisper in her ear as she approaches.  "Three cars and a van, likely affiliated.  This worm probably called them." he ays motioning to the remaining mook appearing to surrender.  "They'll be on top of us any second.  He probably tried to buy them time.  I don't think we can take 'em hostage with the manpower against us, but it would be best to have fewer guns at our backs."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:18:06 PM by SWAT One »

Zhang's eyes brush across the body on the floor, mangled and disfigured by Rog's offense. A thin trickle of blood down the man's face - a stroke of crimson across the pale and filthy canvas. Eyes glazed over and staring infinitely far and yet at nothing at all. His elbow is twisted at an angle far outside of the normal range. Blood seeping into his shirt, body damaged beyond repair. The man is eerily still, unnaturally still. His face permanently stuck between terror and empty lack of recognition. He is staring at nothing.
"...it'll get better..."
A scar on the cheek. Small mole on the jaw. His teeth are crooked and yellow-ish, mouth agape. His eyes are green and they are staring at nothing. The man's hair was starting to thin, a small smattering of grey appearing on his left side. His facial hair hadn't been shaved recently, a bristly stubble across his jaw and lip. Wrinkles run deep on his face and his eyes are staring at nothing.
"...Take a breath..."
Somebody is talking to her and she does not know who because she is lost staring at the man who does not breath and who stares at nothing and why is he staring at nothing and yet so judgmentally and you should've backed out and-

For the second time that night, Zhang claps a hand over her mouth and fights the urge to vomit.

Ryde walks back inside, and shouts to everyone else, "Theres nothing I can see. No cars er' anything."

Rog slams the door on the goon one more time before chucking it aside (away from anyone else, as if that had to be said). He yawns dismissively in response to Norum and takes a seat on the couch, closing his eyes.

Norum steps away from Elena and looks at Ryde with a weird look.  Is this idiot even aware?

"You there," he calls out, pointing his 159 at the mook ahead of him, "Your pistol, toss it over here," he says again, nonchalantly waving it in circles to beckon nonverbally.

Norum steps away from Elena and looks at Ryde with a weird look.  Is this idiot even aware?

"You there," he calls out, pointing his 159 at the mook ahead of him, "Your pistol, toss it over here," he says again, nonchalantly waving it in circles to beckon nonverbally.

He points to his gun which he tossed earlier.

Ryde walks back inside, and shouts to everyone else, "Theres nothing I can see. No cars er' anything."

Rog slams the door on the goon one more time before chucking it aside (away from anyone else, as if that had to be said). He yawns dismissively in response to Norum and takes a seat on the couch, closing his eyes.

Ryde eats his words as two engines roar and brakes squeal and four vehicles appear in front of the building. There are shouts and goons start jumping out of the cars.

Rog's moment of peace is rudely interrupted.

From outside a particularly loud voice tells a demand for the group inside the house to stand down. They have the numbers and weapons to enforce it too. Doing something stupid here will result in a lot of bloodshed.

Elena seems inclined to put her gun down and looks extremely distressed.

Should a character start shooting at the group outside, the gang outside won't give them any sympathy. The situation, should a character fire on the gang, is Certain Death.

Ryde sighs, and shoves his pistol in his jacket. He then puts his hands in the air as he looks out the window.

"Tch"
Norum switches the safety on on his pistol and stuffs it into his satchel underneath his jacket, then raises his hands above his head with a forced sigh.