Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 131760 times)

Ryde takes a double-take when he spots the light, swinging his light around the bed's bottom until he once again finds the object. He then snatches it and looks at it.

"Finally! Something I can work with!" Elena exclaims, "I'll be up in a second."

The closet is full of cleaning supplies and generic store bought medicine, as well cobwebs and dust.forget me why did I mention it if I had nothing good for it I'll be good at investigations one day fug

You feel a small sense of smug satisfaction that your expensive hoverbike is more valuable than Elena's car, as well as her house, probably.
     Daniel leaves the closet, seeing as how he found nothing of use, and then descended the stairs, taking the container with him on the way down.  He aimed to meet Elena half-way to hand her the evidence he had found.

Ryde takes a double-take when he spots the light, swinging his light around the bed's bottom until he once again finds the object. He then snatches it and looks at it.

You grab the object. It's a cheap smartphone.

Daniel leaves the closet, seeing as how he found nothing of use, and then descended the stairs, taking the container with him on the way down.  He aimed to meet Elena half-way to hand her the evidence he had found.

You meet her at the bottom of the stairwell.

"Thank ya,"

"Yup," Daniel replied, and then brought the container to his chest.  "Think anything is in this?  It's pretty light."

Ryde quickly pulls up the sheet to find anything else under the bed, before putting his finger up to his earpiece. "Elena, I found a phone in the utility closet here.

"Hey, Nevada." Norum speaks out all the sudden, "C'mere."

Nevada tilts her head and walks up next to Norum.

"What's up?"

"Just wonderin'–"

"You got a place to stay, at least that you can keep for a while?"

"Yeah, my apartment, do you need to stay there or something?"

"Yup," Daniel replied, and then brought the container to his chest.  "Think anything is in this?  It's pretty light."

"Might be. Some stuff like computers aren't very heavy. Limbs and appendages are though,"

Ryde quickly pulls up the sheet to find anything else under the bed, before putting his finger up to his earpiece. "Elena, I found a phone in the utility closet here.

Elena lights up.

"Bring it down here!"

"Yeah, my apartment, do you need to stay there or something?"
"No, no.... Well, let's just say a few here aren't as lucky."
It's not going to be peachy, you know. She's just gonna end up like the rest of us.
"Just makin' sure you had a roof over ya head."
She seems so naïve. Does she even know what we do?

Norum shakes his head. "Glad you could be here" he looks back to Nevada with a partly forced smile.

Ryde traverses the house until he reaches Elena, handing it over. "I hope we can find'm with this.", Ryde says.

Ryde traverses the house until he reaches Elena, handing it over. "I hope we can find'm with this.", Ryde says.

Elena takes the phone and thanks you. She bags it in a sandwich bag.

"I don't want to spend too long here, and I think we have enough to work with. Lets do a quick sweep of the rest of the house and get out,"

Ryde nods to Elena, and traverses back into the house, taking a quick skim through the house before coming back out.

Norum, finding an opportunity to get away from the probably awkward situation, turns around, looking into the building, "Hey, e almost done here?"