INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 129186 times)

"We're already near Sharpton, sorry,"

She pauses briefly.

"I tracked down another person who may be interested in working with us. You available to talk to them?"
"Uuhh sure. Send me any information that I would need to get this working."

Zhang looks at Rog and gives him a nudge when it seems that he hasn't registered Elena's words.

The car ride is mostly silent. Elena's jalopy rolls up the road and stops just thirty yards from the building. She quickly steps out and waves down Daniel overhead.
"We're here," she says to Zhang and Rog.
Ryde was passed by the jalopy unbeknownst to Elena, and arrives within a minute.
Zhang looks at Rog and gives him a nudge when it seems that he hasn't registered Elena's words.
"What? Huh? I was listening."
Rog climbs out of the car and looks around their surroundings from where he's standing.

Ryde spies the car driving to the address, and immediately assumes its someone in his party. He then arrives at his destination, walking to the people exiting the car, greeting them, before looking at his surroundings.

Daniel, unable to land on the roof, decides to land down by Elena's car.

She greats you with a wave.

"Uuhh sure. Send me any information that I would need to get this working."

"Wait one,"

"What? Huh? I was listening."
Rog climbs out of the car and looks around their surroundings from where he's standing.

Ryde spies the car driving to the address, and immediately assumes its someone in his party. He then arrives at his destination, walking to the people exiting the car, greeting them, before looking at his surroundings.

The buildings are look awfully run down. None of them appear to be inhabited. Most of the are boarded and graffitied. The structure in question is not boarded, but just as dilapidated as the rest of the buildings.

You are about thirty yards from the building in question. Its glass windows are still intact, if cracked in some areas, and the door is not boarded up. The building also does not display a red X on white sign. This building too has no signs of obvious habitation.

Ryde looks to the rest of the party and asks, "So, who wants to go in to this crack den?"

Daniel shuts down the bike, it locks itself into place and the lights turn themselves off.  He steps off the bike and looks to Elena, jerking his head back and running a hand through his hair, clearly still wet and laden with product.  He wiped his hand on his jacket and walked up, "What've you got for us?" he inquired.

Norum, after hearing no notifications, takes the mic on the phone away from his mouth and speaks to Brooklyn, if she is still nearby, "Something came up. We're gonna have to make another stop along the way. Waiting for Elena to send me an update."

"That's fine. I need to get involved somehow." Brooklyn looks around to take in her surroundings again. "Just, you know lead the way and all that. What kind of extra stop though?"

"Someone else just contacted Elena expressing interest. Someone new. Seems you weren't the group's junior for very long."

The buildings are look awfully run down. None of them appear to be inhabited. Most of the are boarded and graffitied. The structure in question is not boarded, but just as dilapidated as the rest of the buildings.

You are about thirty yards from the building in question. Its glass windows are still intact, if cracked in some areas, and the door is not boarded up. The building also does not display a red X on white sign. This building too has no signs of obvious habitation.
"Did we drive in a circle? Isn't this where we left from?"

Daniel shuts down the bike, it locks itself into place and the lights turn themselves off.  He steps off the bike and looks to Elena, jerking his head back and running a hand through his hair, clearly still wet and laden with product.  He wiped his hand on his jacket and walked up, "What've you got for us?" he inquired.

"That building over there,"

Elena points it out, and begins addressing the group.

"...was recently the host of an illegal surgeon. Could be our guy, I'm not sure. Whoever it was has already abandoned the building, so there shouldn't be anyone inside. I certainly don't expect that it is protected by a group of thugs. Be careful not to step on any needles. Some things to look for, I'm pretty handy with electronics stuff, also any personal effects are good too. I don't have a crime scene kit so we can't really sample anything, but some day I might be able to buy a dirty cop. That's the long and short of it. If I'm forgetting something, you oughtta tell me,"

"Someone else just contacted Elena expressing interest. Someone new. Seems you weren't the group's junior for very long."

You receive a text with the information.

"One Nevada Langley. An interesting name for an Aurum Anglo Saxon. "

"Did we drive in a circle? Isn't this where we left from?"

"Not quite, no," Elena comments.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:59:38 AM by Mr. Hurricane »

"Oh that's an exciting development. Are people actively joining your little organization or is this just a coincidence?"

Ryde nods to Elena. "Well, lets go in and investigate."

"Oh that's an exciting development. Are people actively joining your little organization or is this just a coincidence?"
"Can't say; Elena does most of the networking. I can say that it's rare that I get two contacts on the same day."

Norum snaps back to the phone as Elena's message comes in, reading it over before speaking again, line still open. "Hey, you got a pickup location?"