[Tool] Remove Wand - Made by ZSNO

Author Topic: [Tool] Remove Wand - Made by ZSNO  (Read 5273 times)

The remove wand is a long-ranged pink wand that destroys any brick you hit with it without effecting any bricks supported by it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/spwozlosmexzcwc/Tool_RemoveWand.zip?dl=0

Use /removewand or /removalwand to use the wand whenever you need to.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:46:48 AM by Sentry »

Useful for the public.

....sooooo, delete gun?

....sooooo, delete gun?
A non-admin destructo-wand that deletes bricks, and only works on full trust or better.
Looks like it copies the wand and destructo-wand animations, and adds a command to get it: /removewand or /removalwand.

This is entirely different

Reminds me of the toolgun
I think he linked that because you can pretty much do this exact thing with the cut feature on the new duplicator.

I think he linked that because you can pretty much do this exact thing with the cut feature on the new duplicator.
The one edge I can think of that this has over new duplicator's cut is its ability to just destroy one brick rather than bricks within the brick you want to destroy as well.

For example: To destroy a zone cube without destroying the bricks inside the zone cube, the remove wand is the right tool for the job.

Cut removes bricks within a given area, while the remove wand just removes one specific brick.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:10:18 AM by Planr »

i mean there's already delete launcher, new duplicator and the toolgun that does this, but whatever

1. Delete launcher inherits your velocity. This could easily be fixed by anyone who knew how, but still, it's a problem.
2. Delete launcher also takes time to do stuff.
3. The toolgun is a hassle. Why not just use commands (which can be bound to keys) instead of having to cycle through modes?

3. The toolgun is a hassle. Why not just use commands (which can be bound to keys) instead of having to cycle through modes?
are you really that lazy to press the light key a few times, that's like saying the same thing to new duplicator

bounding to keys requires a client-mod unless you mean bind to it an existing key (but which one?)

According to this you can just bind whatever key you want to a /command or a console command. I might be misinterpreting that, though.
Plus, hitting the light key a variable number of times depending on my current tool is my main problem. I can't build muscle memory for that whereas t/dup is easy. The New Duplicator only has two modes, so it's always only one press away if I need to switch modes.
I just don't like the toolgun. It just acts differently from basically anything else with its variable number of keypresses. I just find it vaguely frustrating to use.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:49:04 AM by Super Suit 12 »

Plus, hitting the light key a variable number of times depending on my current tool is my main problem. I can't build muscle memory for that whereas t/dup is easy. The New Duplicator only has two modes, so it's always only one press away if I need to switch modes.
I just don't like the toolgun. It just acts differently from basically anything else with its variable number of keypresses. I just find it vaguely frustrating to use.

you have clearly never used it.

wait is the toolgun the swiss army gun or something else that does the same stuff?
because the SAG has /commands to switch to any mode you need?