Philadelphia's new LGBT flag adds black and brown stripe to include the colored

Author Topic: Philadelphia's new LGBT flag adds black and brown stripe to include the colored  (Read 6688 times)

hello gamers

to:

Quote from: some sources
Vox - Philadelphia’s new, inclusive gay pride flag is making gay white men angry
NY Post - New pride flag divides Philly’s gay community
teenvogue - Philadelphia Pride Flag Opposition Is a Sign of Racism in the LGBTQ Community(lol)
big gay - http://www.phillygaypride.org/ 

the general argument for this change is that these stripes were added
Quote from: teenvogue
as a message of solidarity with its LGBTQ people of color and as a reminder of the need for inclusivity within the LGBTQ community

Quote from: teenvogue
What they say: This isn’t the purpose of the flag. The flag is already created to represent all people regardless of race.
What we hear: I’ve never felt not represented by this flag and therefore don’t see any reason why it has to change.
What they say: This isn’t going to change anything.
What we hear: I don’t want to change.
What they say: This is going to create more divisiveness in our community.
What we hear: I’ve never been excluded from a venue or a party based on my race. I want to decide who is represented and supported in our community.

The reaction to these new stripes are a reminder of how white supremacy permeates many spaces, even those of a vastly marginalized group like the LGBTQ community.

Quote from: nypost
“In 1978, artist Gilbert Baker designed the original rainbow flag,” the campaign states. “So much has happened since then. A lot of good, but there’s more we can do. Especially when it comes to recognizing people of color in the LGBTQ+ community. To fuel this important conversation, we’ve expanded the colors of the flag to include black and brown.”

i know most of you are big gays so im curious as to what the reaction in our epic lgbt community is to this.
are BLM politics spreading to unnecessary levels? or is the black community specifically excluded from the lgbt community, making this change necessary?
do u not feel represented by the standard flag?????????????

share your thoughts or die

why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

hello there gamer.         it say in op

yeah, YEAH, YEAH!! crush those white privileged folks!!!! no whites on our flag (except the french but that's okay, macron won!!!)!!!!

because the flag was totally meant to represent the colors of people's skin and not the many different types of people in the world

fk somebody already posted about it. not epic.

fk somebody already posted about it. not epic.

go cook your egg cum

How does a flag make a group more inclusive? What is this changing?

i don't think loveuality/gender has anything to do with race so this is bogus

the placement is kinda bad, too. why put them both at the top? why not put brown between red and orange and black after purple?

We've given too much representation to rainbow skinned people, I'm glad they're finally changing.

are any of you Black and gay and do you feel Underrepresented

i think this was unnecessary