Author Topic: Minecraft modding help: Where's the sound files located at? (version 1.12)  (Read 799 times)

So I have a resource pack I've been using on Minecraft for the past six months or so, but lately i've been having serious problems wherein I can't update the resource pack anymore, because I can't find the default sound folder. None of the tutorials or guides online are any help since they're all grossly outdated (they're all from like 2015, and I can't find any good ones that are newer than that).

My assets folder no longer has a sound folder in it after upgrading to 1.12, and I can't find any asset folder templates online that have the sound files in them either.

What do I do? Help pls
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:57:07 PM by Planr »

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Resource_pack#Sounds
That is not helpful. I already read the wiki and it does not address my issue, and it is outdated anyway.

so you say the issue is that there is no sound folder

what happens if you make the folder?

so you say the issue is that there is no sound folder

what happens if you make the folder?
Nothing. I need to access the sound files Minecraft uses so I can replace them for the resource pack.

However I have since been able to get my hands on a copy of Minecraft's sound folders, so now I am replacing the sounds.

Locking