Goblin Bots

Author Topic: Goblin Bots  (Read 6926 times)

Goblin Bots

(A goblin, goblin warrior and goblin mage)

Features
  • Complete custom animations!
  • Randomized appearance upon spawn!
  • Ability to change nodes with respect to the players avatar.
  • Goblin sword and axe items to telegraph goblin attacks. Uses goblin specific animations so no standalone version.
  • Magic missile wand that fires a bouncing magical projectile for the mages. Since this can also be used by players there's a standalone link at the bottom.

(Using the randomize avatar button)

(size comparison)

Download
Bot

Standalone magic missile wand
 - Dropbox
 - Google Drive

Changelog

Changed fixAppearance to fixGoblinAppearance to avoid potential clashes but it might not be relevant for all I know
Added goblinAxe weapon. Its literally just a reskin of the sword.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:56:41 AM by kobble »

holy stuff, these are awesome!

These are pretty cool, you should make some more mods like this. Things like trolls, or werewolves, etc idk.

Awww man, I was just about to make these! My exams will be over in one more day, damn
Very nice job though
I must ask though, how did you get them to change nodes with respect to the players avatar.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:47:01 AM by Pompmaker2 »

I must ask though, how did you get them to change nodes with respect to the players avatar.
In the model, give all the nodes the blank material, then I stole the code from Jack Noir's Melee anims player / the space marine playertype.
It works by checking the client avatar settings and applying it to the nodes on the playermodel. The relevant part of code to look at is the fixAppearance function and the playerGoblin package.

Goblins, i dont like em!

My only issue is that instead of the red eyes you could have used that goblin face decal instead. Make it look more like an authentic blockland player type.

My only issue is that instead of the red eyes you could have used that goblin face decal instead. Make it look more like an authentic blockland player type.
If one were to do so, i think it is possible to make the playertype compatible with faces and/or decals as well.
I would have to dig around again for the topic.
EDIT: Maybe this one, or this one, will help if you need it?

Also holy stuff, really impressive playertypes.
Customizable, unique but still fitting within Blockland's style.
This is grade A playertype material.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 07:07:27 PM by lordician »

You get a freakin' cookie bro. :cookie: