Author Topic: BLIVE 1.0.0 [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]  (Read 16410 times)

I don't get why we need 100 different add-on distribution services. We only need 1, make something that hasn't been done, or isn't available atm.

Example:
- Blockland Save uploading/downloading website (download saves, props, etc)

I feel like you guys (there's a few other websites like this, not blglass though) are being kinda lazy here. You want to develop something useful for blockland as a website/webservice, cool man, please do! Just take some time to brainstorm and come up with a good idea. Instead of taking the lazy route and developing the nth blockland add-on website, BE ORIGINAL!

Just some constructive criticism.

I don't get why we need 100 different add-on distribution services. We only need 1, make something that hasn't been done, or isn't available atm.

Example:
- Blockland Save uploading/downloading website (download saves, props, etc)

I feel like you guys (there's a few other websites like this, not blglass though) are being kinda lazy here. You want to develop something useful for blockland as a website/webservice, cool man, please do! Just take some time to brainstorm and come up with a good idea. Instead of taking the lazy route and developing the nth blockland add-on website, BE ORIGINAL!

Just some constructive criticism.

I tried to make it kind of distinctive (my service will be inconsequential since it's just a hobby) such as with anonymous posting, the key system, community boards, and boards for add-ons, builds, AND screenshots.

I tried to make it kind of distinctive (my service will be inconsequential since it's just a hobby) such as (a)with anonymous posting, (b) the key system, (c) community boards, and (d) boards for add-ons, builds, AND screenshots.

(a) Anonymous posting turned out to be malicious.
(b) "The key system"? You mean unique identification for each addon? That has never been done before.
(c) We already have the Blockland forums.
(d) Builds will be the only good distinctive feature you have, but... screenshots? What is this, Imgur?

Anyway, I found a bug: When choosing the board for your submission, you can see this when scrolling down:

So community favorites appears 17 times in the dropdown, and beside the bug you can also upload any file on the community favorites board even if it's not really one.

Also, NSFW appears for a second time here, and a redundant "Addon Packages" appears even though we have a board named "Addon Packs".
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:07:09 AM by Marios »

(a) Anonymous posting turned out to be malicious.
(b) "The key system"? You mean unique identification for each addon? That has never been done before.
(c) We already have the Blockland forums.
(d) Builds will be the only good distinctive feature you have, but... screenshots? What is this, Imgur?

Anyway, I found a bug: When choosing the board for your submission, you can see this when scrolling down:

So community favorites appears 17 times in the dropdown, and beside the bug you can also upload any file on the community favorites board even if it's not really one.

Also, NSFW appears for a second time here, and a redundant "Addon Packages" appears even though we have a board named "Addon Packs".

a's response: there is a system for blocking ips
b's response: no, ids are for identification, keys are for accessing them and are randomly generated
c's response: i mean boards that blive users can ask for
d's response: no, but screenshots are blockland-related content

also, yeah, i should have been more on top of scripting the upload page for the dropdowns; the last two were just tests

EDIT: fixed the upload page

i wouldnt suggest hosting images as that can quickly lead to nsfw/illegal stuff at worst (and ip bans wouldnt really work cause im 99% sure anyone who would do that stuff knows how to change their ip), and increase site load by a ton at best cause people will almost certainly hotlink images they upload there.

i dont think whatever webhost you paid for (or server setup you have) is meant for you to run an image host on, and if its a paid service you'll probably get billed for a lot more than you bargained for

i wouldnt suggest hosting images as that can quickly lead to nsfw/illegal stuff at worst (and ip bans wouldnt really work cause im 99% sure anyone who would do that stuff knows how to change their ip), and increase site load by a ton at best cause people will almost certainly hotlink images they upload there.

i dont think whatever webhost you paid for (or server setup you have) is meant for you to run an image host on, and if its a paid service you'll probably get billed for a lot more than you bargained for

all files are put under moderator review before they are actually accepted

if theyre rejected, theyre immediately deleted

this means that moderators can simply click to see the file, and if it contains illegal/dumb stuff, it can be rejected right there

someone pls recommend a css framework or some sort of frontend

i cant decide between bootstrap and skeleton

work on fixing bugs before trying to make the site look prettier - avoid doing multiple tasks that aren't related

You will need Blockfeed soon :)

work on fixing bugs before trying to make the site look prettier - avoid doing multiple tasks that aren't related

i work as my energy demands me to

EDIT: i cant find a nice way to design the site, expect it to be forgety
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:28:28 PM by theviacom »

EDIT: i cant find a nice way to design the site, expect it to be forgety

how do you expect people to use your thing if its ugly?
sorry to be mean but, do you even realize the complexity of making an addon website?
as ELM said, we dont need another blockland website, people expect something new,
like the ability to save builds, or make something that can find every missing brick and put them into a file...
... or even join ingame chat via web...

eh, idk.

Spot to upload saves would be nice. Not sure why anyone hasn't done that yet. Don't really see the potential as an add on storage though.

how do you expect people to use your thing if its ugly?
sorry to be mean but, do you even realize the complexity of making an addon website?
as ELM said, we dont need another blockland website, people expect something new,
like the ability to save builds, or make something that can find every missing brick and put them into a file...
... or even join ingame chat via web...

eh, idk.

i dont expect people to use my site from the get-go, i just enjoy developing it and letting people use it if they want

if i had the motivation to, i would try to make something else

Spot to upload saves would be nice. Not sure why anyone hasn't done that yet. Don't really see the potential as an add on storage though.

by save, you mean a collection of bricks built by the user, right?

The descriptions for those two are backwards.