Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Author Topic: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds  (Read 15855 times)

I've heard it described as "entry level Arma," in which the mechanics are simplified, faster, and more fluid while taking the better aspects of it and making a tense tactical shooter out of it. I don't know where you got DayZ from, but the main appeal is that it's making a type of FPS gameplay more accessible for a lot of people for the first time and it's proven to be pretty popular.
yeah and its a early access game with twitch bullstuff and loot crates all for loving 30 bucks
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:42:35 PM by torin² »

what the forget
The game is 30 bucks, and there are loot crates in the game. Not 30 dollar loot crates.

The game is 30 bucks, and there are loot crates in the game. Not 30 dollar loot crates.
so you're telling me i can buy stuffty simple arma and buy stuffty loot crates in a multiplayer focused game which will die in a year? What a steal!

you dont even pay for the loot crates lmao. there aren't any microtransactions in the game. besides that, the game had more concurrent players than csgo recently, so hey, maybe it is gonna stick around

so you're telling me i can buy stuffty simple arma and buy stuffty loot crates in a multiplayer focused game which will die in a year? What a steal!
Except the crates are literally only cosmetics for your character that you buy using in game currency you get from playing matches

I can't wait till they add all the datamined cosmetics too, it's something the game has been lacking in

Anyone up for a round or two?

a. I doubt it would be dead within a year, b. it's not even close to arma, c. you CAN'T buy the loot crates.

edit: read shift kitty's post
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:32:20 AM by ahoy »

I've heard it described as "entry level Arma," in which the mechanics are simplified, faster, and more fluid while taking the better aspects of it and making a tense tactical shooter out of it. I don't know where you got DayZ from, but the main appeal is that it's making a type of FPS gameplay more accessible for a lot of people for the first time and it's proven to be pretty popular.
I heard another big appeal is that the play area slowly shrinks forcing people to pick up supplies and rush over to the area of conflict which prevents a lot of camping - I don't play a lot of battle royale games myself but I hear this is a pretty good aspect? Unfortunately yeah the game is named after the dude's username so it's confusing

what does this game have to do with DayZ
Plays the same as Arma, which this game is clearly inspired by.

a. I doubt it would be dead within a year, b. it's not even close to arma, c. you don't have to buy the loot crates.
Correction to C.
You don't even have the option to buy them. There's nothing official to buy the crates, and you can't sell them on the market.
You can however, buy/sell any of the stuff you get from them on the market.

What is the obsession of this game? Looks like a carbon copy of Dayz/Arma.

Alot more like a hunger games/battle royale type game where the pace is very good and the game itself is super polished from what I've heard. Like the more people who die the smaller the play area becomes.

ah yea i heard about this quite a lot, i didn't care much for games similar to this before but this seems like a rly nice take on the genre maybe i'll get it sometime

Unfortunately yeah the game is named after the dude's username so it's confusing
especially with a name like "playerunknown" lol

What is the obsession of this game? Looks like a carbon copy of Dayz/Arma.
The game was originally a mod for Arma 3 lol