Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Author Topic: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds  (Read 15844 times)

I still can't get over that forgetin stupid username, literally what the forget kinda name is "player unknown"

i still can't get over the fact that he added a heart after telling someone to "GTFO!"

i still can't get over the fact that he added a heart after telling someone to "GTFO!"

Got a problem dear?~

calm down sweaty

who is this guy's unspecific location

Woo geez, quite the bump here, but I figured if I wanted to mention this I should mention it here. After PlayerUnknown/Brendan Greene said they wouldn't be adding in micro-transactions during Early Access, the latest patch from a couple days ago adds in crates purchasable with in game credits. Now that's fine and all, but one of them requires a key that costs $2.50. His argument is that it needs to be tested somehow and gives the developers more money after sales stagnate. After seeing how Greene acts on Twitter and what this update is doing, I'm not very hopeful about this games future being a pretty one.

Wish the news section of the game wasn't flooded with PC Gamer bullstuff.

Proceeds from the sale of the keys to open the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be used:
To provide funds needed to organize the event
To provide a prize pool for the invitational winners
To support a selection of charities

Once Gamescom is complete, on August 27th, the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be no longer available and removed from the game. We will then return to the free-to-open system.

Woo geez, quite the bump here, but I figured if I wanted to mention this I should mention it here. After PlayerUnknown/Brendan Greene said they wouldn't be adding in micro-transactions during Early Access, the latest patch from a couple days ago adds in crates purchasable with in game credits. Now that's fine and all, but one of them requires a key that costs $2.50. His argument is that it needs to be tested somehow and gives the developers more money after sales stagnate. After seeing how Greene acts on Twitter and what this update is doing, I'm not very hopeful about this games future being a pretty one.
really makes you think huh

why do gamers keep expecting everything to be free

hmmmm
i mean in the sense that after buying the game anything added should somehow be free of charge despite the fact that it took extra development time (and thus money) to create

the problem of going off base game price is that after some time, there arent enough sales to justify putting any more development time into a game. microtransactions, however temporary and stuffty, gives that justification and also helps developers judge how popular a game is still

remember game dev is an actual career and people need money to survive :/
if you think people who save their mcdonald or whatever soda cups to come in and get free drinks every time they go are annoying and stingy, then understand this is no different

They don't even make money off it either. Well, aside from the like, 8% they get from market transactions. But those are going to happen regardless of the key thing.

Wish the news section of the game wasn't flooded with PC Gamer bullstuff.
Oops, my bad, I didn't realize this. Apologies for being ignorant like that.

i mean in the sense that after buying the game anything added should somehow be free of charge despite the fact that it took extra development time (and thus money) to create

the problem of going off base game price is that after some time, there arent enough sales to justify putting any more development time into a game. microtransactions, however temporary and stuffty, gives that justification and also helps developers judge how popular a game is still

remember game dev is an actual career and people need money to survive :/
if you think people who save their mcdonald or whatever soda cups to come in and get free drinks every time they go are annoying and stingy, then understand this is no different
the game is early access and one of the most popular games on steam, they dont need any more money and if they do then they're just screwing over people who already bought the game