Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237204 times)

difference here is that ghost actually has something to show, whereas you just barged in with an image of a red brick and said "you can't have MY name because I was thinking of this project for 3 years".
To be fair he really doesn't. He's just showed us bricks rendered in Unity, player models others made for him, and maps he made for Blockland.

I don't mean to rip on Ghost. I have nothing against him, but it is frustrating to be working on a game others can actually test and play and mod for and have it be ignored whereas a game that looks like it'll take a year to even be testable gets all the attention.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:41:07 PM by DrenDran »

ok well that derailed fast.

getting back on topic, you know what i have always wanted in bl? cameras that actually display in the world
e.g. like the source engine: https://youtu.be/4ddJ1OKV63Q?t=4m49s
i know there's a camera mod that replaces your whole view, but its much more immersive if you could actually make computer screens/tvs and have camera objects or bricks that display to them, and can dynamically move about. this would probably hit the performance a bit but it would be sick.

To be fair he really doesn't. He's just showed us bricks rendered in Unity, player models others made for him, and maps he made for Blockland.

I don't mean to rip on Ghost. I have nothing against him, but it is frustrating to be working on a game others can actually test and play and mod for and have it be ignored whereas a game that looks like it'll take a year to even be testable gets all the attention.
Well to be fair he's published videos of himself demonstrating various things you can do in the game, as well as an animation test.
I've published a logo.

lets make a separate thread to discuss game project conflicts/resolutions/collaborations

lets make a separate thread to discuss game project conflicts/resolutions/collaborations
It's ok, I'm done with the drama, especially in this topic. I never wanted to bring drama here or steal the spot light in any way and i never intend to do it ever again. If anyone want's to speak with me any more about that matter, or has anything else to say to me positive or negative, you can send me a PM.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:25:28 PM by Yin Yang »

can we have a poll to decide over squideeys or pomp’s or trogs blockhead

i would imagine it's because ghost's looks like blockland 2 while yours looks like blockland 1/2

i'm not trying to insult you because it's cool that you are making a sandbox game but it definitely lacks any visual appeal which is what i again imagine is what draws everybody's attention

We all know no one will read it. So that defeats the purpose.
i would imagine it's because ghost's looks like blockland 2 while yours looks like blockland 1/2

i'm not trying to insult you because it's cool that you are making a sandbox game but it definitely lacks any visual appeal which is what i again imagine is what draws everybody's attention
I mean I'm focusing on substance first, and visuals after.
What it looks like depends on what models people make for me, moreso than anything I actually do.

I mean I'm focusing on substance first, and visuals after.
What it looks like depends on what models people make for me, moreso than anything I actually do.
like i said i wasn't trying to insult your game at all, i was just trying to point out that the cleaner visuals of ghost's is probably what makes it garner more attention

like i said i wasn't trying to insult your game at all, i was just trying to point out that the cleaner visuals of ghost's is probably what makes it garner more attention
Well that and he made this topic first, plus he's really well known in the community

can we have a poll to decide over squideeys or pomp’s or trogs blockhead

i have to agree with this. everybody seems to be clinging tightly to this but we have no reason to believe it's going anywhere at all, no offense to you ghost.

yin yang people are just going on about how you came in and said something that gave the sense that you are some auteur who has been working on a super secret - but super good i assure you! - project for years and that gsf ghost better be respectful of you and not use the same name

like you didnt need to passive humblebrag/leak your own work by making a post in this thread about possible namestealing. it might seem on topic, but its clearly less about gsf’s game and more about yours instead

edit: forget, i totally missed the fact there was another page and that this topic was resolved. oh well

why don't all you guys make one game  :cookieMonster:

yeah i think [GSF]'s history of making excessively extensive maps one after another as well as the whole ModTer thing is another reason why people are paying attention

We all know no one will read it. So that defeats the purpose.
ok i'll make one

the moment the subject comes up again