Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232208 times)

I'm really not digging that playermodel to be honest. and the kitchen looks nice, like, it looks pretty cool, but I think it's missing the...... nostalgia factor

Too much white and orange on this kitchen.

and the kitchen looks nice, like, it looks pretty cool, but I think it's missing the...... nostalgia factor
Too much white and orange on this kitchen.
I disagree. We shouldn't wallow in the past and try to recreate the entire look and feel of Blockland - this seems like a good homage, while being different, modern-looking, and honestly just pretty. However, the painting looks really out of place - I think that should be removed altogether.

I disagree. We shouldn't wallow in the past and try to recreate the entire look and feel of Blockland - this seems like a good homage, while being different, modern-looking, and honestly just pretty. However, the painting looks really out of place - I think that should be removed altogether.
I'm not saying it should be more like the Blockland's kitchen, I'm just saying that almost everything in the new map is white or orange.

I disagree. We shouldn't wallow in the past and try to recreate the entire look and feel of Blockland
I don't mean the nostalgia of blockland, I mean the nostalgia of a childhood home. like I said, it looks good, but it feels, I dunno, emotionless

I'm not saying it should be more like the Blockland's kitchen, I'm just saying that almost everything in the new map is white or orange.
I don't mean the nostalgia of blockland, I mean the nostalgia of a childhood home. like I said, it looks good, but it feels, I dunno, emotionless
Ah, I see. Even so, I really like the modern, IKEA-ish feel to it. I would love to live in a place like that.

Playermodel looks weird but i think the kitchen looks pretty nice. But it has very few colors

Agreed, it's modern-themed, and has a minimalist color palette. Also, the color is going to come from the builds in the map, which is why it's so basic right now.

I did tone down the color a bit since posting those pics, and the painting will definitely be changed later on.

Agreed, it's modern-themed, and has a minimalist color palette. Also, the color is going to come from the builds in the map, which is why it's so basic right now.

I did tone down the color a bit since posting those pics, and the painting will definitely be changed later on.

Dude. Model's too high poly for the gun.   :panda:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:41:26 PM by GreenBH³ »

maybe not orange, then? how about gray or something? the orange could easily clash with the colors in a build

maybe not orange, then? how about gray or something? the orange could easily clash with the colors in a build
I'll wait until after the next update when the map is play-tested, to get a feel for what it's like building in that environment. If necessary, it's very easy to update the colors.

Also, just uploaded a new video showing off the map and new inventory system. The map, map object physics interaction and inventory controls still need a lot of work. Also, brick cycling and inventory controls currently conflict, but that'll be fixed later once the brick selection hotbar is added.

Will Mike's house be a playable map?