Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232296 times)

what if theres a paint brick mode and an actual spraypaint mode that allows you to paint anywhere on (your) bricks
There could be canvas bricks, that allow you to paint on the brick face itself. =) There would probably need to be a limit to how many bricks there can be on the server, however.

oh my god

what if smallbricks were literally tiny bricks

what if you could toggle brick collision layers with a single key instead of a crapton of brickpacks

what if you could toggle brick textures, so it could either look like a normal brick, or it would be flat textures all around
That's possible, there's really no limit to how small bricks can be.

okay okay

what i mean is,

what if you could have two brick grids

one for tiny ones, and one for big ones

what if theres a paint brick mode and an actual spraypaint mode that allows you to paint anywhere on (your) bricks
finally proper spraypainting to be a reality

Any progress on brick rendering? How many are you able to get on screen now and what's the avg fps for you?

okay okay

what i mean is,

what if you could have two brick grids

one for tiny ones, and one for big ones
That would be possible.

Any progress on brick rendering? How many are you able to get on screen now and what's the avg fps for you?
Lately I redid how bricks are handled related to mesh grouping. They are now added into mesh objects relative to their size and location, rather than just one large, overall mesh. This is meant to maximize the use the frustum culling (i.e. bricks that are not onscreen will not be rendered). This is a slight performance drop for bricks that are on screen, but once face occlusion (and later occlusion culling) are added, that shouldn't be a problem. There's no point in testing fps right now until face occlusion is added.

pve/coop is a stuff ton more fun than pvp.

if this lets me make more arena shooter gamemodes goodbye blockland

i will not let this fall to page 3

bump

goodbye blockland
don't say this or badspot will come to your house at night

Update: Lately I've been working on brick removal, which is almost finished. This will allow players to remove bricks they've already planted, and will spawn a temporary brick with physics enabled - which will have velocity applied to it, as if it was hammered.

I've also been messin' around with brick physics, just to get an idea of how they would work and to try out the physics engine. I just need to finish brick removal (which will later be used when the hammer tool is added), and the option to repaint planted bricks. I also need to finish the placeholder avatar and make a few other changes before the pre-alpha demo can be released.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:02:58 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

idea:  fakekillbrick = brick falls, but cant interact with players,   killbrick = brick falls, players can collide

fakekillbrick can be useful in cramped spaces

add epic brick fall sounds
like mid 2012 roblox stuff

oh yeah and brick materials???!?!? with moddable sounds and collision sounds

add epic brick fall sounds
like mid 2012 roblox stuff

oh yeah and brick materials???!?!? with moddable sounds and collision sounds

T    H    I    S

Real brick physics or the fake client-side thing Blockland has?