Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232163 times)

this game would suck on mobile tbh, since mobile's controls suck unless you have a controller

Now that I think about it, a game of this scale woudn't work well for mobile, you'll have to compromise a lot of possible features that could work on the PC version for it, and the controls would be tricky to develop, if the mobile version will just be a side thing that is simplified compared to the PC version then sure, but you shoudn't make it your top priority, and you should definitely NOT scrap features to make both mobile and PC versions the same, think about Minecraft for instance, the Pocket Edition is what the name suggests, a simplified version of the game for mobile with less features so that it can run on the phone, if you want the full experience then you have to play it on PC.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:41:22 AM by Filipe »

this game would suck on mobile tbh, since mobile's controls suck unless you have a controller
Now that I think about it, a game of this scale woudn't work well for mobile, you'll have to compromise a lot of possible features that could work on the PC version for it, and the controls would be tricky to develop, if the mobile version will just be a side thing that is simplified compared to the PC version then sure, but you shoudn't make it your top priority, and you should definitely NOT scrap features to make both mobile and PC versions the same, think about Minecraft for instance, the Pocket Edition is what the name suggests, a simplified version of the game for mobile with less features so that it can run on the phone, if you want the full experience then you have to play it on PC.
Well the mobile version will be aimed at more casual players, and yes would have a lot of features stripped from it. You might be able to load up builds on your mobile device though and edit them ingame, then load the edited build in the PC version; it would open up a lot of possibilities. However, now that we have someone else helping with scripting, we can focus on finishing the PC build.

Update: The PC version is back in development! With the help of both Filipe and /dev/sr0, we can finally focus on getting the standalone build finished again. The mobile version will most likely continue to be worked on, but will take a back seat for now. I'm still focusing on implementing multiplayer support, and we'll be adding build tools shortly.

when you offer to help and provide projects to worked on specifically in c#/unity and then he says he'll "get back to you" and never attempts to communicate with you again

probably busy with stuff as always waru

probably busy with stuff as always waru

naw im sure he had plently of free time in the 8 days between that conversation and now, not salty i just wanted a yes/no after offering not "ehhhhhh maybe"

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:57:25 AM by thegoodperry »

when you offer to help and provide projects to worked on specifically in c#/unity and then he says he'll "get back to you" and never attempts to communicate with you again

Apologies Waru, I've been talking to a couple others over the past few days, and have been working on preparing the project git and other team members for what they'll be working on. I'll respond to your PM now.

He's human, the poor thing forgot

you should try and do a thing where if a brick with bricks on top of it is destroyed, the bricks ontop are destroyed unless they are also attached to another brick
make it realistic if u can

you should try and do a thing where if a brick with bricks on top of it is destroyed, the bricks ontop are destroyed unless they are also attached to another brick
make it realistic if u can
Now that building items are being added, we'll work on adding that feature soon (similar to how BL bricks are destroyed, using the hammer and wand).

it'd be cool to see a default hackplant which doesnt clear with floating bricks if you ever add that command

Maybe an "Anchored" flag, like Roblox has?

Apologies Waru, I've been talking to a couple others over the past few days, and have been working on preparing the project git and other team members for what they'll be working on. I'll respond to your PM now.
When he says that he'll get back to you after he says he's sorry but never does.

When he says that he'll get back to you after he says he's sorry but never does.

He got back to me in PM, helping him with some multiplayer stuff