Author Topic: mediafire now blocks you out when using an adblocker  (Read 11323 times)

oh no a website with no other source of revenue trying to make revenue from their one source of revenue
mediafire has stuffty popup ads that popup every time you download something
it's not advised to use it without adblock
Are you seriously that handicapped. Skip's point still remains the same. The site has to have revenue somehow and the only way to do it is through ads, do you want them to start charging per month or download? No, so shut the forget up.

forget you, i literally checked 10 different mediafire link. once again, the 'download here!!!!' malware button isn't their loving choice, it's the choice of whatever ad revenue agency they have.

you know, you'd think the loving dark gray box that they intentionally put around their real download button is intentional to separate it from the ads. but of course, they are clearly acting out in malice and do everything they can do entrap users in malware. shame on them, as a free non-profit service, for having some way to earn money to keep their site up and running.

maybe you need to do a little research, understand how free websites earn ad revenue in the first place
Then why don't I get ads like this on other small time sites?

mediafire has stuffty popup ads that popup every time you download something
it's not advised to use it without adblock

Are you seriously that handicapped. Skip's point still remains the same. The site has to have revenue somehow and the only way to do it is through ads, do you want them to start charging per month or download? No, so shut the forget up.
They don't have to use those ads. There are lots of agencies like google ads which require a template to use so there are no popups, annoying laggy ad webms, and misleading ads.

there's literally 3 options you can choose as a free website

option 1: choose the cheapest SFW ad revenue generator on the market

option 2: choose the most expensive SFW ad revenue generator on the market, which will filter out the 1/20 malicious ads that appear every minute for the targeted enjoyment of a couple of teens on the internet

option 3: do nothing, have no way to pay for the 2000 terabytes of server data you're hosting, have them seized by the IRS, declare bankruptcy, fire all your workers and be unable to afford your children's tuition

there's clearly one choice here that is objectively the best, but i guess 'muh adblock' is 1000x more important than the millions of dollars worth of data you dont have to even pay for

Then why don't I get ads like this on other small time sites?
don't ask me, why don't you send them an e-mail and ask what they have to pay for and where they get the money from

chances are they only have to pay $60 a year for server hosting and that's it

They don't have to use those ads. There are lots of agencies like google ads which require a template to use so there are no popups, annoying laggy ad webms, and misleading ads.
No stuff they don't have to use those ads, but those companies pay out the best for the kind of file-sharing service mediafire does. Also I've always had ad-block disabled because I have it set to manually block ads, and I have never had any issues with ads getting in the way of my download.

remember that mediafire also has 2 premium options

remember that mediafire also has 2 premium options
Yeah is that required to download files? No so again, forget off.

then pay for them and you won't see ads anymore

I don't even see how the ads get in the way of the purpose of the website.

then pay for them and you won't see ads anymore
i dont even use mediafire without an internet version of a condom because i use 2 adblockers

Good, you don't need to reproduce.

Yeah is that required to download files? No so again, forget off.
MEGA and Dropbox have premium options and don't require them to dl files, so i don't know what argument you had there

I don't even see how the ads get in the way of the purpose of the website.
downloads would sometimes redirect me to an ad or one of those fake microsoft tech support things
i consider that getting in the way

Good, you don't need to reproduce.
im 14, very nearly 15
what are you implying

im 14, very nearly 15
what are you implying
is that why you think every free website should revolve around your skiddie needs

is that why you think every free website should revolve around your skiddie needs
wat