Author Topic: Sweden has gender neutral schools.  (Read 15027 times)

I just don't see how education at any point this day and age enforces unwanted gender stereotypes by nature? It doesn't make any sense to me. It just looks like trying to fix something that isn't broken. Maybe it's different in Sweden. Maybe shop class is for men only or something.

preschool is mostly just playing with toys and learning the alphabet so maybe they're just not letting in the idea that there are boy toys and girl toys? i don't forgetin know

I just don't see how education at any point this day and age enforces unwanted gender stereotypes by nature? It doesn't make any sense to me. It just looks like trying to fix something that isn't broken. Maybe it's different in Sweden. Maybe shop class is for men only or something.

There was a journal I linked awhile ago made by Swedish folk, it might shine light on the "Why" necessarily, but as far as I can read, the people behind the thing think it's a problem. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.

preschool is mostly just playing with toys and learning the alphabet so maybe they're just not letting in the idea that there are boy toys and girl toys? i don't forgetin know
i mean, there are plenty of people i personally know that played with toys of the opposite gender as a little kid, the issue is that little kids think it's embarrassing to do it because 10% of kids make fun of them for it