Author Topic: Sweden has gender neutral schools.  (Read 15048 times)

I get into a conversation with this person, who clearly looks like a woman. I refer to her as a woman while talking to her. She says she is nonbinary and would prefer I refer to her as they/them. I politely decline, and tell them I'll just use their name going forward instead. If she doesn't want to talk to me because of that, then that's her business, I don't really care.
However, if she were to say she was a transgender male, I'd refer to her as a male going forward. No amount of your moral grandstanding, calling me a richard, saying I have social issues is going to change my opinion on this. Shush.
This is your argument? That you know you're an starfish, but don't care? Why even join political discussions if you're essentially throwing away any shred of credibility you had?

This is your argument? That you know you're an starfish, but don't care? Why even join political discussions if you're essentially throwing away any shred of credibility you had?

Where am I being an starfish? I don't want to refer to her by "them" so I just take the third option and refer to them by name. I don't see the problem. Why're you so insistent I use words I don't want to use? forget you. I don't have to appeal to your sense of morality to the loving letter. That's a large part of why I refuse to sit here and have you roosterends talk down to me on how I conduct myself. You act like I'm going up to people who are "nonbinary" and purposefully starting out on the wrong foot just to piss them off. Leave me the forget alone, jesus christ.

why is the left so fixated on language policing anymore when they say they are pro-personal liberties

Where am I being an starfish? I don't want to refer to her by "them" so I just take the third option and refer to them by name. I don't see the problem. Why're you so insistent I use words I don't want to use? forget you. I don't have to appeal to your sense of morality to the loving letter. That's a large part of why I refuse to sit here and have you roosterends talk down to me on how I conduct myself. You act like I'm going up to people who are "nonbinary" and purposefully starting out on the wrong foot just to piss them off. Leave me the forget alone, jesus christ.
You're saying that if someone asked you to refer to them as "them", you would say no and continue calling them what you want to call them. You're an starfish.

However, if she were to say she was a transgender male, I'd refer to her as a male going forward.
a transgender male was born as a woman you know. so much for not enforcing their gender identity

You're saying that if someone asked you to refer to them as "them", you would say no and continue calling them what you want to call them. You're an starfish.

why would he refer to somebody in past tense when talking to them

Because I'm not gonna have my loving language dictated to me by a bunch of pissy little forgets like you. I don't care if you tell me the grass is blue, it's quite obviously not loving blue, and I'm not gonna sit here around calling it blue because it's gonna upset someone's feelings if I don't. If you look like a chick you're getting referred to as such, vice versa for males, trans exception, forget off otherwise. Not wanting to bend my knee at the progressive altar of FEELSBEFOREREALS doesn't make me an starfish, it just makes you a pain in the ass language policing little stuff. The only time I will use the pronoun they is when I'm referring to a group of people or in context where the gender of the person I am referring to is undetermined for whatever reason. This does not extend to social interactions where I can clearly see the gender of the person in question. I genuinely do not understand how so many people have managed to allow themselves to buy into such inane bullstuff. Find some real social issue to focus on instead of trying to tell me how to talk.

a transgender male was born as a woman you know. so much for not enforcing their gender identity

What in the honest to god forget are you talking about? Why would I keep referring to a ftm transgender individual as female when they have transitioned? Or even before that if they clarify they are trans? What the forget is this

why is the left so fixated on language policing anymore when they say they are pro-personal liberties

I don't know but it's annoying as forget
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:14:44 PM by Deus Ex »

why would he refer to somebody in past tense when talking to them
Listen here wiseass-
Because I'm not gonna have my loving language dictated to me by a bunch of pissy little forgets like you. I don't care if you tell me the grass is blue, it's quite obviously not loving blue, and I'm not gonna sit here around calling it blue because it's gonna upset someone's feelings if I don't. If you look like a chick you're getting referred to as such, vice versa for males, trans exception, forget off otherwise. Not wanting to bend my knee at the progressive altar of FEELSBEFOREREALS doesn't make me an starfish, it just makes you a pain in the ass language policing little stuff. The only time I will use the pronoun they is when I'm referring to a group of people or in context where the gender of the person I am referring to is undetermined for whatever reason. This does not extend to social interactions where I can clearly see the gender of the person in question. I genuinely do not understand how so many people have managed to allow themselves to buy into such inane bullstuff. Find some real social issue to focus on instead of trying to tell me how to talk.
Holy stuff dude lmao

You'd rather have a loving meltdown than consider the fact that maybe you should put your petty conservative politics aside for a moment and refer to someone as they want to be referred to rather than decide what YOU want to call them? I don't care if you refuse to be a victim of the evil shadow society of brown people and SJWs, if you're going to be an starfish, then at least own up to it.

Listen here wiseass-Holy stuff dude lmao

You'd rather have a loving meltdown than consider the fact that maybe you should put your petty conservative politics aside for a moment and refer to someone as they want to be referred to rather than decide what YOU want to call them? I don't care if you refuse to be a victim of the evil shadow society of brown people and SJWs, if you're going to be an starfish, then at least own up to it.

I'm not even having a meltdown? Is my choice of language making you feel some type of way? Do you need a safe space to get away from the all the harmful violent language? How about you stop trying to police my words. You somehow manage to exhibit both communist and fascist behaviors, I'm honestly more amazed than annoyed with you at this point.

What is this shadow society of brown people I'd fall victim to you even speak of? You guys sit here and talk about me acting like I'm off my meds while saying the kind of stuff that'd get you a psych evaluation and a 3 day stint at the local mental ward

I'm not even having a meltdown? Is my choice of language making you feel some type of way? Do you need a safe space to get away from the all the harmful violent language? How about you stop trying to police my words. You somehow manage to exhibit both communist and fascist behaviors, I'm honestly more amazed than annoyed with you at this point.

What is this shadow society of brown people I'd fall victim to you even speak of? You guys sit here and talk about me acting like I'm off my meds while saying the kind of stuff that'd get you a psych evaluation and a 3 day stint at the local mental ward
Dude are you cryng? Do you need to take a break or something?

Yes I'm literally in tears over my keanyboardurbwawer

he's not crying you forgettard. he expressed his opinion and you can't seem to respect it at this point. the fact that you're continuing to demonize him just shows you're intentionally looking for an argument

brilliant banter on both sides as usual

Unless somebody who uses different pronouns steps into the thread to offer their side of the story, this is bordering "not a big deal" territory. Deus Ex is right about this one, nobody (reasonable) cares enough to get this upset over pronouns. This argument is nothing short of droning and it's going to go absolutely nowhere.

he's not crying you forgettard. he expressed his opinion and you can't seem to respect it at this point. the fact that you're continuing to demonize him just shows you're intentionally looking for an argument
I'm supposed to respect the fact that he refuses to treat other people with basic dignity because it conflicts with his politics?