Sweden has gender neutral schools.

Author Topic: Sweden has gender neutral schools.  (Read 15047 times)

I have plenty of friends who I disagree with on many things but we're friends anyway because, contrary to popular belief, people aren't solely defined by their politics.
haha! okay. it seems to me that you have no issue disrespecting someone who simply changes their identity to feel comfortable. maybe your list of 'friends who i disagree with on many things but we're friends anyway' are probably beyond a certain threshold of things you agree with
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:52:45 PM by PhantOS »

haha! okay. it seems to me that you have no issue disrespecting someone who simply changes their identity to feel comfortable

I have no issue using the words I want to describe things the way I see it.

Pick better comparisons, I won't even bother explaining how these are incomparable to something as asinine as referring to some random as "they"
Is it too hard to be nice to someone? Chances are you dont know the name of any transvestites you meet, so if they dont want to be called he or she why not call them they? Do you not have basic manners or something?

I have plenty of friends who I disagree with on many things but we're friends anyway because, contrary to popular belief, people aren't solely defined by their politics.
You define social conversations by your political opinions...

I have no issue using the words I want to describe things the way I see it.
so if you see a 50 year old woman who you address as 'misses' and she corrects you and tells you she's unmarried, you'll have no issue addressing her as 'misses' instead of 'miss' simply because its describing the way you see it?

Is it too hard to be nice to someone? Chances are you dont know the name of any transvestites you meet, so if they dont want to be called he or she why not call them they? Do you not have basic manners or something?
You define social conversations by your political opinions...

Because if they look like a girl or a guy why would I refer to them as otherwise unless they were a transgender person and informed me of that?

And you only define social conversations by political opinions if the only thing you do is talk about politics. And I don't.

i think a better way to phrase the argument you guys are presenting is is being respectful to their self image that big of a deal

and deus has already answered yes, since he "doesnt want to participate in perpetuating their illusion" or something. aka he doesnt give a forget about respecting their gender identity

i dont think you guys will go anywhere new with this

Because if they look like a girl or a guy why would I refer to them as otherwise unless they were a transgender person and informed me of that?

And you only define social conversations by political opinions if the only thing you do is talk about politics. And I don't.
If you look like a massive friend then should I call you "Massive friend" or "boy lover" just because you look gay?

so if you see a 50 year old woman who you address as 'misses' and she corrects you and tells you she's unmarried, you'll have no issue addressing her as 'misses' instead of 'miss' simply because its describing the way you see it?

Once again, you guys have stuff comparisons. Misses and miss is a title referring to someone's marital status and not comparable to claiming to be nonbinary. Please try again.

If you look like a massive friend then should I call you "Massive friend" or "boy lover" just because you look gay?

Massive friend and boy lover aren't genders but you're free to insult me at your leisure. Free country.

i wouldn't mind if i was called dipstuff tbh

Once again, you guys have stuff comparisons. Misses and miss is a title referring to someone's marital status and not comparable to claiming to be nonbinary. Please try again.
nonbinary is a legal recognition in about 4 states of the us. if you live in cali, oregon , new york or ohio, then it's an actual gender status. in those cases it is entirely comparable

once agan, being respectful to people in general is objectively good. being disrespectful is objectively bad. you have literally no reason to disrespect someone because of their identity unless it like, personally angers you at an emotional level that someone else just wants to feel comfortable
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:01:10 PM by PhantOS »

how the hell did this thread somehow get worse

how the hell did this thread somehow get worse
a few users decided to poke deus again and now they're scrapping

it is a gender-neutral word that can refer to *any* gender.

both

nonbinary is a legal recognition in about 4 states of the us. if you live in cali, oregon , new york or ohio, then it's an actual gender status. in those cases it is entirely comparable

It's a good thing I don't live in Commiefornia, New York, Ohio, or Oregon then huh. Let me make this as clear as I can for both of you.

I get into a conversation with this person, who clearly looks like a woman. I refer to her as a woman while talking to her. She says she is nonbinary and would prefer I refer to her as they/them. I politely decline, and tell them I'll just use their name going forward instead. If she doesn't want to talk to me because of that, then that's her business, I don't really care.
However, if she were to say she was a transgender male, I'd refer to her as a male going forward. No amount of your moral grandstanding, calling me a richard, saying I have social issues is going to change my opinion on this. Shush.

It's a good thing I don't live in Commiefornia, New York, Ohio, or Oregon then huh.