Is Wizard 101 still a thing anybody plays?

Author Topic: Is Wizard 101 still a thing anybody plays?  (Read 2618 times)

At least two times every year, some friends and I play Wizard 101 for a while, and then stop for a longer while.
Anybody else occasionally play Wizard 101, primarily for nostalgia?

no, but it's still on my old craptop

no but I was a beta tester for it

wizard101 was my stuff but i play TTR.

there's quite a bit of gamers out there that play it tho

Yup, I still play it, I've been playing it since at least 2011 while I've pretty much memorized every world while being an expert at the game; I'm level 110+.

The only exception is, I only play the game and buy membership when there is a new world and once I complete the new world, I wait for another new world.

I loved W101, and I still have my high level account.

Wizard 101 was the embodiment of what started killing off good games and replacing them with pay to win bullstuff.

forget anything like Wizard 101, and any mindless bullstuff game that is "Free to play"

Wizard 101 was the embodiment of what started killing off good games and replacing them with pay to win bullstuff.

forget anything like Wizard 101, and any mindless bullstuff game that is "Free to play"

roblox pioneered it to be honest. as a user since 2009, i can safely say that after the 2012 ui change john shedletsky piloted it into certain doom and then left for all the new guys and representatives to make decisions.

mmos with subscriptions were around far longer than wizard 101 or are you referring to something else

you know what this game does that almost no other MMO does

it lets you loving choose any past piece of equipment to use for appearance while keeping the stats of whatever you actually have equipped

that stuff actually blew my mind when I tried this game, but then it told me to pay money to progress past a certain point when I only gave the game a shot for free points on some site I don't even remember the name of so I said fuuuuuuuuck that noise

actually kind of liked some of the music and the card-based battle system was sort of interesting, but the way it kind of just pulls you into a battle when you walk past one was annoying as stuff

I was expecting straight-up shovelware since it's marketed for kids, but there ended up being quite a few smart things about the game that I was legitimately impressed by.

I mean, I still think it's not very good overall, but if it makes money...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:33:45 AM by ChexGuy331 »

you know what this game does that almost no other MMO does

it lets you loving choose any past piece of equipment to use for appearance while keeping the stats of whatever you actually have equipped
world of warcraft has an entire feature for that since 2010 and was expanded to record every piece of equipment you recieve/wear.

wow they WOULD put that stuff in the game immediately after I stop playing it

wow they WOULD put that stuff in the game immediately after I stop playing it
lmao refticus beat me to it i was like false

My mom has some weird infatuation with children's media. She plays Wizard101 a lot now, but she used to play a lot of Toontown (before they killed it off, anyways).