Sonic Mania is out on PC, and Denuvo sucks

Author Topic: Sonic Mania is out on PC, and Denuvo sucks  (Read 10120 times)

look at the bright side

you get a free copy of sonic 1
Oh great. Sonic 1 on another platform. Actually I already have it on Steam.
And it's not even the Taxman and Stealth remake, it's the 1991 version. What a joke.

I have no doubt this whole thing happened because Sega, not having enough faith in this game, didn't provide a good enough testing budget. Actually, that sounds like a decision Iizuka himself would make. Watch them have way more testing done for Forces, a game which will likely have significantly worse reviews than Mania.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:27:59 PM by /dev/sr0 »

Sonic Mania comes out tomorrow

It's already out in Australia apparently, my Brother's friend was just playing it.

So excited for this game to come out tomorrow.
All the good design elements and gameplay from the older games, the remixed older zones, new zones, beautifully clean graphics, fluid nice animation along woth the refined physics and features you would come to expect from taxman's engine.

It looks like a proper evolution and step up from the older games. I hope Sonic Mania's sucess is a huge wake-up call to both Sega and Sonic Team considering how badly they've always been handling the franchise in the first place.

dunkey just gave this game a 5 out of 5 holy crap

There's a particular motobug in this game that the manual says is named Jimmy. It's the only motobug that jumps.
God I love these people and I hope they keep making awesome things.

Music playlist for everyone who has heard of music before.
WARNING: There's zone spoilers in there.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV9ZrDQVqbTVMviptPfM7IdzTvxKg7N0y
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:48:25 PM by /dev/sr0 »

I think I recall hearing about this from another thread in Off Topic.

so glad this turned out well, i can tell a lot of love went into this project and it's always nice to see those kinds of things get rewarded

Just bought the game on steam, now I gotta wait because I don't have switch, xbox one or PS4

Holy stuff, its loving amazing.
And it has more than just the base game at purchase, but you gotta unlock it instead of buying the "expansion DLC" like other games?

Did I just time travel back to the late 90s?