Sonic Mania is out on PC, and Denuvo sucks

Author Topic: Sonic Mania is out on PC, and Denuvo sucks  (Read 10124 times)

i-if dunkey says the game is good... i-i should get it... r-right? ;_;

i-if dunkey says the game is good... i-i should get it... r-right? ;_;
He said most of the sonic games were just down-right horrible asides from Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles and Mania

Adventure 1's speaking animations we're just what even

i'd rather watch the loving Sonic X version of Adventure 1, and don't even get me started on Sonic 4

so yes you should get it. but then again its your choice if you wanna buy it

Sonic Mania is out on Steam guys!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:18:40 PM by dargereldren »

Just be warned that it contains the Denuvo DRM.
Bullstuff delays for Bullstuff DRM take ageS.

If I hadn't already bought the Switch Version I would probably never have bought the game. And I reccomend anyone who hasn't bought it yet, not to buy it on any platform, until they remove the DRM from the steam version.

Denuvo is basically TBM but for any game.

what is actually the deal with denuvo? seems like a lot of games use it without any problems or controversy

what is actually the deal with denuvo? seems like a lot of games use it without any problems or controversy
I would like a proper explanation as well.

I would like a proper explanation as well.
the game rime implemented it really really really loving badly (it did like 300 checks per second to see if you still owned the game) and that was the first time i heard about it myself

And I reccomend anyone who hasn't bought it yet, not to buy it on any platform, until they remove the DRM from the steam version.

this doesn't make any sense

this doesn't make any sense
its just matthew pretending to be some kind of freedom fighter as usual

its just matthew pretending to be some kind of freedom fighter as usual
If you don't cut off their income entirely due to poor decisions, they will never learn.

Basically, you cant modify the game or play offline.

judging by the statement they made i guess they didn't know about the issues. maybe they'll backtrack on that decision in a later patch. until then I'll happily enjoy playing the game as a lucky boy with a relatively stable internet connection. it seems like people already know the tricks to cracking denuvo so i don't expect it'll take long if Sega doesn't get rid of it

edit for clarity cus that sounded illegal: i mean getting around denuvo to play offline and mod
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:15:18 AM by otto-san »

seems someone's figured out how to bypass it:
1. Make a copy of SonicMania.exe
2. Open SonicMania.exe in a hex editor
3. Go to 1CAABE
4. Overwrite the byte with: EB
Before change: 75 30
After change: EB 30
you'll need something like HxD to do it