Author Topic: Destiny Megathread - PC Release 24th October  (Read 17003 times)

The rumour is that you can preorder from Amazon, get your code then cancel the order since Amazon don't charge until it ships. I haven't tested it though.

So, the Trophy List for Destiny 2 hit recently, and there were some interesting things to note:

• There's only 14 trophies, and none of them Bronze. Some people believe the rest are hidden or not uploaded, but others have indicated that the internal points count is nearly the maximum allowed for a single game.
  • There seems to be a new difficulty for Nightfalls and Raids called "Prestige"; some people believe it's a replacement word for Heroic/Hard, while others believe it's a new mode that requires Flawless (i.e. if somebody dies, the entire team is sent back to orbit).
  • One of the trophies requires visiting an "Emissary". The trophy icon includes the "IX" of The Nine, a faction in Destiny's lore, and also includes three symbols which were previously worn on a jacket by Creative Director Luke Smith. The symbols point to a certain constellation. Some believe this is related to the new version of Trials, the hardest PvP mode, and that the trophy is awarded for successful completion.
  • View the below inforgraphic relating to all the info that's been uncovered regarding the "Leviathan" raid.

im playing destiny 2 completely blind and i really hope theres a supportive class of some sort

im playing destiny 2 completely blind and i really hope theres a supportive class of some sort
Don't worry about playing blind. It's a pretty easy game to pick up.

There are three main classes;

• The Hunter is equivalent to a Rogue. They trade damage and resistance for stealth and agility, focusing on survival skills as a lone wolf.
  • The Titan is equivalent to a Soldier. They're big on receiving and giving damage, and are really critical for team-play given their shield abilities.
  • The Warlock is equivalent to a Mage. They're all about smarts and tactics, and their powers are about healing or supporting other players.

For every class, there's three subclasses which (after you've collected them), you can switch and upgrade on the fly. Each subclass is representative of an element (Solar (Fire), Arc (Electricty), Void (Darkness-ish?)), and has a unique super power which will give you a leg up on the battlefield. I'll be charting out the super powers as we learn more on release day.

The PC Open Beta is a completely open beta yeah? I don't need a code for when it goes live after early access?

The PC Open Beta is a completely open beta yeah? I don't need a code for when it goes live after early access?
Correct; at 10AM on the 29th of August Pacific Time, you will be able to download and play without a code (although you probably still need a Bungie.net account).

healslut

Early Access to the PC Beta (for those who preordered or otherwise acquired a code) begins today at 10AM Pacific Time (3AM for us Australians).

The beta includes 1 Story Activity (1 Player), 1 Strike/PvE Activity (3 Players) and 2 Crucible/PvP Activities (4v4 Players). Both beta and retail game are region-limited in the same way as Overwatch (your game copy and player data are the same between regions, but your friends lists are different).

Reminder of the default control scheme:

My Battle.Net is McJobless#1805, in the North America region. Feel free to add me if you need a free carry.

added :)

also i thought the beta was preorders only, at least we get it a few hours early -___-

___

played 2 hours with a friend, was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:00:07 PM by JumboMuffin »

Destiny 2 PC must win GotY 2017. It must.

>when you realize D2 is only just over a week away from launch

PC Beta experience update: Holy forget this game feels so good on PC
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:31:06 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

PC beta really good so far, having an absolute blast on multiplayer. Only problems I have is that I'd prefer the health bar to be with the rest, like ammo etc. Instead of at the top, and sprinting for some reason feels really off.

The PC Beta is live. You must download and play through the Battle.Net client; download is 16GBs.

they said its not a port and it actually shows holy forget this runs fantastically

this is some surreal stuff i wasnt expecting this kind of stuff from the AAA industry

Important: The beta does rely on Battle.net regions, but ONLY for friends lists. Just like Overwatch, your copy of the game and your character data will be available in both regions (Americas + Australia or Europe), but your friends list will be separated.

Anyways, the PC beta has been amazing.

THE FARM SOCIAL SPACE (26 PLAYERS, 3RD PERSON, SOCCER AND PARKOUR) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE 30TH BETWEEN 5PM AND 7PM PACIFIC TIME.

Played this game yesterday and today, stuff's pretty nice.