[NEWS] NO MANS SKY UPDATE!

Author Topic: [NEWS] NO MANS SKY UPDATE!  (Read 7809 times)

But don't I, the holy divine consumer, the absolute center of the universe, deserve more for less?

hey what ar you guys talking about

this is off topic but why does tony use red in all his posts? is it to make him feel special?

this is off topic but why does tony use red in all his posts? is it to make him feel special?

because he likes attention and knows everyone is happy to give it to him for whatever reason

But don't I, the holy divine consumer, the absolute center of the universe, deserve more for less?
oops yeah my bad, what I meant was, "this is America, so everyone who wants free stuff should have it". sorry my hands slipped while typing my previous post.

They expect to be charged no more than $60 for a copy of the game. These days, some people want $40 to be the new norm.

the game still isnt worth 60 bucks sorry nms

the game still isnt worth 60 bucks sorry nms
i'd buy it for 20 bucks since it is an indie game

also its on sale for £16, i wont buy it but maybe later down the line

i'd buy it for 20 bucks since it is an indie game

also its on sale for £16, i wont buy it but maybe later down the line
yeah, 10 - 40 bucks would be a fine price for this

The reason behind this is that there is a pretty common misconception of how much money it actually costs to make a fully fleshed out game. In addition to paying the devs/employees (the bigger the game, the more devs there are)
100 devs x 100k a year x few (3) years = 30 million just on devs
people are expensive

30 million / $40 per game sold = almost a million games sold just to pay the devs
but not all of that $40 goes to salaries

100 devs x 100k a year x few (3) years = 30 million just on devs
people are expensive

30 million / $40 per game sold = almost a million games sold just to pay the devs
but not all of that $40 goes to salaries
this by a lot. even though not all devs cost $100k, it covers things like equipment

that said games usually are on 2 year cycles cause otherwise it gets too damn expensive and also technology that you start out with using starts becoming dated

make your games on windows xp with the free version of milkshape

Here's my question. Did hello games have any previous releases? If not, it means they would have had to rely completely on their own money, crowd funding, other secondary sources of income.

Here's my question. Did hello games have any previous releases? If not, it means they would have had to rely completely on their own money, crowd funding, other secondary sources of income.

you mean like publishers???
forget me I thought sony published brb

okay yeah sony helped advertise the forget out of it basically but other than that yeah
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:06:47 PM by Skip »

ya they got a few million off of kickstarter and advertising footed by sony. seems like a lot but with those back of the envelope calculations earlier its clearly easy to burn thru

gamers think a million bucks is a lot but for a new game company comin out with its first major release theres a lot of upfront bills to be paid like equipment, location, hiring, and training - so maybe a quarter to a fifth of that would have had to be spent on purely setup. they definitely didnt have 100 people working on this, since they couldnt afford it, so imo its not surprising they werent able to deliver on overpromises