Author Topic: Charlottesville protests thread  (Read 55321 times)

look i understand you consider extremists as equals with regular followers, but i don't and dictionary definitions aren't convincing after seeing them in action.

I don't see them as equals; my point is that nationalists are patriots, which is objectively true

it doesn't matter whether you like them or not, they're still patriots, just taken to an extreme

I don't see them as equals; my point is that nationalists are patriots, which is objectively true

it doesn't matter whether you like them or not, they're still patriots, just taken to an extreme
i mean, technically yeah you're right. i suppose i don't see them as true patriots then lol

Jesus forget are you guys intentionally missing my point?

Your idea of what the first amendment should cover would be way more disastrous than you think. It would set nasty anti-consumer precedents and it would not necessarily protect people from violation of service regardless, since companies still reserve the right to ban you from their service for pretty much any reason.

i cant see what better alternative to discord will pop up, the program that alone punched skype, teamspeak and mumble in the gut and caused a mass migration and even an exodus of people who dont even use IRC programs to it

It's hard to imagine what an alternative would be when there isn't one; if Discord is truly censoring opinions to further an agenda, nut up and boycott it or shut up about it. That's all that needs to be said, really.

i mean, technically yeah you're right. i suppose i don't see them as true patriots then lol

What you could say is that nationalists don't act within the best interests in their country, but rather the best interests for themselves, effectively making the patriotism moot.

otto sans point was that businesses aren't the government and that applying government based restrictions on privately owned businesses and the likes is a terrible idea. ike, me and remurr are also telling you the exact same thing

Your idea of what the first amendment should cover would be way more disastrous than you think. It would set nasty anti-consumer precedents and it would not necessarily protect people from violation of service regardless, since companies still reserve the right to ban you from their service for pretty much any reason.

Fair point but it's still bullstuff as far as I'm concerned

You can't go into googles headquarters and start shouting "GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW". They have every legal right to kick you out. Same goes for websites. You aren't in a public place you are on a website on the internet owned by a private corporation. The problem is that there aren't enough competing companys with youtube or discord or whatever so when someone does it kicked off one of these sites it feels like the are silencing your speech completely because of their massive reach and because you really have nowhere else to go.

Pageloss

whoops

A synonym doesn't mean it's a direct equivalent in meaning. It's a word that has the same idea and presents itself in the same category. A square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't always a square. English is such a diverse language, each word carries its own weight and meaning, even if they represent similar ideas. Boredom and Ennui present the same idea, but represent different usage. I'm BORED when I have nothing to do or something isn't fun. But I have ENNUI when I lack the motivation and mental capacity to change my boredom.

A synonym doesn't mean it's a direct equivalent in meaning. It's a word that has the same idea and presents itself in the same category. A square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't always a square. English is such a diverse language, each word carries its own weight and meaning, even if they represent similar ideas. Boredom and Ennui present the same idea, but represent different usage. I'm BORED when I have nothing to do or something isn't fun. But I have ENNUI when I lack the motivation and mental capacity to change my boredom.

which is why I highlighted part of the definition too

its the daily stormer, nobody takes them seriously and the ones that do go on to shoot 9 people at a church