Author Topic: Low FPS and FPS Drops in certain servers  (Read 1363 times)

so, i've noticed this in floating city freebuild and speedkart club. usually it runs well, but often the game only runs at 20fps even though my system is all decked with good specs (i5 6600k, gtx 1060). during then, the game get massive fps drops where the game will freeze for what seems like half a second, and the audio in the game gets all distorted. anyone know why this happens?

go to console and do trace(1); and then go to a server that you know makes you lag

had the same issue for a bit on the floating city build
fiddled with shaders at one point and didn't notice it after (I doubt that's what fixed it though, they went from max to something and back to max)
this was on my scripting copy of BL (almost no addons besides ones i'm working on)

Mess with vsync option and opengl options

I had this as well, it was caused by Marios' new new openAL. Try reverting to the default openAL or Port's new openAL.

I had this as well, it was caused by Marios' new new openAL. Try reverting to the default openAL or Port's new openAL.
If you're using them, that is.

yeah my client keeps freezing for minutes at a time on servers like floating city but
i go on medrp or something else brick heavy and I am perfectly fine

is confusing

yeah my client keeps freezing for minutes at a time on servers like floating city but
i go on medrp or something else brick heavy and I am perfectly fine

is confusing
floating city has a ton of bricks in the same location, medrp has only a few thousand to 30k in any one region