Author Topic: Tactical Nuke's first computer build! (MINIMIZNG COSTS)  (Read 8154 times)

Given how cores vs hyper threading is, its best to get a i5 8600k because 6 cores equals 4 cores/8 threads

whats the reason for the 1 and 4tb hdds

the one 4tb one is enough

also maybe cut a little back on the 1tb ssd, maybe do like 750 or 500
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:41:37 PM by shitlord »

whats the reason for the 1 and 4tb hdds

the one 4tb one is enough

also maybe cut a little back on the 1tb ssd, maybe do like 750 or 500

the 1 tb hdd is for backup and the 4 tb hdd are for storage

I had a 960 gb ssd that was the same price as the 1tb ssd I have now so I switched it

the 1 tb hdd is for backup and the 4 tb hdd are for storage

I had a 960 gb ssd that was the same price as the 1tb ssd I have now so I switched it

just buy a usb stick or something later or partition the 4tb drive

having an entire extra 1tb just for backup isnt worth it

since you have so much space on the ssd anyway just back up on it aswell if its that much of a concern

or just make a folder of everything thats important and use any of the cloud storage solutions around

just buy a usb stick or something later or partition the 4tb drive

having an entire extra 1tb just for backup isnt worth it

since you have so much space on the ssd anyway just back up on it aswell if its that much of a concern

or just make a folder of everything thats important and use any of the cloud storage solutions around

I'd rather not put all my files on the internet

it's a lot simpler to just have the ssd back up to the hdd at night
the 4tb drive is exclusively for music and video

I'd rather not put all my files on the internet

it's a lot simpler to just have the ssd back up to the hdd at night
the 4tb drive is exclusively for music and video

just shave 1 tb off as a partition and back the hdd up on the ssd and the ssd on the hdd

its so much cheaper and easier, both drives arent going to fail instantly at once and if they are then whatever extra 1tb you bought will too

if we're trying to trim costs this is the only place i see to trim without hurting actual performance