Poll

Ahem! From now on, there will be no loopholes around rules! Do you understand?

Yes, certainly. I agree with this new rule.
16 (43.2%)
Is this rule necessary? I'm confused.
8 (21.6%)
No, that's a stupid rule, get rid of it.
13 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Several Questions: Is "no loopholes" a good rule?  (Read 21696 times)

Back to school, everyone! What do you think about school? Is school cool like every TV ad wants you to believe, is it quite crappy or is it just fine?

school is great so long as you have friends and non-starfish faculty. the school system, however, is pretty terrible in general

school is good cause soft serve machine

You have to make the most of school. I didn't enjoy it much at all before I started getting involved in things in my senior year of high school, and after that it was probably the defining year of my entire life so far. If you spend the whole of it being mad and doing nothing, you're not gonna get much out it besides how to do math and write an okay-ish essay. You have to branch out and try new things because once you're out it's gonna that much harder to find a safe environment do it that in.

I'm also gonna say that fitting in is a meme and you're a chump if you fall for it. Don't be a richard, dress how you want, and hang out with people you like. Try not to judge other people too harshly, or at least too loudly. You'll be fine.

That said, there are some pretty bad organizational and funding issues that go on in schools. I was pretty lucky to have a friendly and mostly-sane administration at my school, but you hear all the time about kids getting suspended for dumb stuff. My school was, as far as I can tell, mandated by the state/county to redesign a huge part of the outdoor campus and install solar panels and plastic grass to save water. I don't have an issue with the intentions, but that money could've been better spent on the classrooms, several of which are still on those stuffty mobile home rooms with the wooden foundations and have been for years.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:08:47 PM by Dreams_Of_Cheese »

all the schools i've gone to have been completely fine

the school system, however, is pretty terrible in general

i agree let's get rid of the department of education

i agree let's get rid of the department of education
all the funding goes to sports while leaving the arts and foreign languages in the dust behind it, and it pisses me the forget off
last time i was actually impressed by the funding of the arts was in an actual school of the arts, and in that one the overall quality of the school is garbage (water quality, temperature, room/hall design, etc)

lol you sound like the guys at college who gets mad when the stem kids say art is trash

all the funding goes to sports while leaving the arts and foreign languages in the dust behind it, and it pisses me the forget off
last time i was actually impressed by the funding of the arts was in an actual school of the arts, and in that one the overall quality of the school is garbage (water quality, temperature, room/hall design, etc)
one time i used a drinking fountain during PE and the water was white and chalky. i was super forgetin dehydrated so I drank it, but I probably shouldn't have.

one time i used a drinking fountain during PE and the water was white and chalky. i was super forgetin dehydrated so I drank it, but I probably shouldn't have.
cum fountain

lol you sound like the guys at college who gets mad when the stem kids say art is trash
difference is i appreciate both so i just yell at the superintendent a bunch whenever some frustration because of "budget cuts" forgets up the music or language department. last year there were a ton of individual teachers yet this year the same teacher does chorus, orchestra, and guitar (ironically she's a flutist), and one single teacher does latin, french, and german

also this year a new sports field is being built despite the fact that not once in years have all three fields been used at once, and the football/basketball teams get to go to disney down in florida
stuff's handicapped

it's fortunate that stem doesn't get cut down because that's just as important

You sure the water wasn't laced with cocaine?

school is cool, but I loving hate it when teacher gets super mad at the smallest mistake

school is cool, but I loving hate it when teacher gets super mad at the smallest mistake

aren't you in the speical ed classes

aren't you in the speical ed classes
I was going to be, but not anymore