What did you guys think of "It" (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Author Topic: What did you guys think of "It" (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)  (Read 3179 times)

Thought it was a great adaptation. It's nice to see something different then your regular bland horror movie.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:57:32 AM by #Jeetlor »

i haven't watched it and i don't plan to watch it because i'm not a fan of horror movies but i bet its pretty good

i saw it and i thought it was boring as forget, it doesn't help that i'm not afraid of clowns

It's nice to see something different then your regular bland horror movie.

https://youtu.be/8fxXmVybL8Y?t=1m51s

not interested unless they adapted this

saw it and thought it was fantastic. 8/10 or 9/10 on the quality but 10/10 on my personal enjoyment for sure. never really got scared but when pennywise appeared to beverly in the bathroom I was genuinely startled. also when he came out of the projector it was goddamn terrifying. TBH pennywise was the most boring form but I LOVED the painting girl. I loved it so much when he put the painting back up on the wall only to see it was empty. When the girl appeared behind him I chuckled. Really great scene, best of the film imo.

also anyone realize how clever that line was? 'do you smell popcorn? I do!' because the theater was literally permeated by the smell of popcorn at the time it was a really genius 4th wall breaking moment. the plot and horror scenes were really predictable (I wanted to see inside the VERY SCARY door!) and there was no crazy twist or anything but it was all very well done.

the casting was INCREDIBLE! it's so hard to get good child actors and its so rare for a movie highschool to be filled with actual teenagers instead of early 20s starfishs pretending they're 15. the actors looked young and were genuinely really good for their age. the dialogue was hilarious and mike from stranger things was great in the film. "you made me walk through grey water, you punched me in the face, and now I gotta kill this loving CLOWN!" was hilarious.

the worst part of the film was the initial confrontation. I loved it when they all started beating the clown (really satisfying to see them just start beating him down after showing that were no longer afraid) but when the kids were all floating in the sky I thought it was pretty weird. I thought he was eating them--why aren't they just skeletons? And the way that the girl woke up after get kissed felt like a disney film.

also, did anyone else catch the 1980s pennywise next to the coffin in the room full of clowns? really neat little easter egg, I spotted it but nobody else in my group did. also, when his throat opens up and you see the spinning triforce of lights, that is a reference to the stephen king book. when they go to confront pennywise on the 'astral plane' he appears to them as a series of three floating lights. really clever little easter eggs that don't get in the way of people who haven't seen the old film or read the book. edit: also you could see the paul bunyan statue (that attacks richie in the novel) in the background of the parade.

amazing casting. good acting. okay story. really good monsters. 9/10 I loved it. I can only think of a few ways it could possibly be better--it's basically 'Stand By Me' with a murder clown

i saw it and i thought it was boring as forget
objectively bad opinion
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:11:05 AM by McZealot »

Tim Curry was a great actor and a great pennywise but the point of the novel was that Pennywise was just his 'taunting' form while the monsters were what he actually used to instill fear. cgi & effects were limited at the time of filming the originals so it was mostly just tim terrorizing the kids while monsters rarely appeared. this movie did the opposite and that's honestly a truer adaptation of how the book should be.

I don't really think this film needs a sequel, but since it's getting one, I hope it's good

saw it and thought it was fantastic. 8/10 or 9/10 on the quality but 10/10 on my personal enjoyment for sure. never really got scared but when pennywise appeared to beverly in the bathroom I was genuinely startled. also when he came out of the projector it was goddamn terrifying. TBH pennywise was the most boring form but I LOVED the painting girl. I loved it so much when he put the painting back up on the wall only to see it was empty. When the girl appeared behind him I chuckled. Really great scene, best of the film imo.

also anyone realize how clever that line was? 'do you smell popcorn? I do!' because the theater was literally permeated by the smell of popcorn at the time it was a really genius 4th wall breaking moment. the plot and horror scenes were really predictable (I wanted to see inside the VERY SCARY door!) and there was no crazy twist or anything but it was all very well done.

the casting was INCREDIBLE! it's so hard to get good child actors and its so rare for a movie highschool to be filled with actual teenagers instead of early 20s starfishs pretending they're 15. the actors looked young and were genuinely really good for their age. the dialogue was hilarious and mike from stranger things was great in the film. "you made me walk through grey water, you punched me in the face, and now I gotta kill this loving CLOWN!" was hilarious.

the worst part of the film was the initial confrontation. I loved it when they all started beating the clown (really satisfying to see them just start beating him down after showing that were no longer afraid) but when the kids were all floating in the sky I thought it was pretty weird. I thought he was eating them--why aren't they just skeletons? And the way that the girl woke up after get kissed felt like a disney film.

also, did anyone else catch the 1980s pennywise next to the coffin in the room full of clowns? really neat little easter egg, I spotted it but nobody else in my group did. also, when his throat opens up and you see the spinning triforce of lights, that is a reference to the stephen king book. when they go to confront pennywise on the 'astral plane' he appears to them as a series of three floating lights. really clever little easter eggs that don't get in the way of people who haven't seen the old film or read the book. edit: also you could see the paul bunyan statue (that attacks richie in the novel) in the background of the parade.

amazing casting. good acting. okay story. really good monsters. 9/10 I loved it. I can only think of a few ways it could possibly be better--it's basically 'Stand By Me' with a murder clown
objectively bad opinion
Tim Curry was a great actor and a great pennywise but the point of the novel was that Pennywise was just his 'taunting' form while the monsters were what he actually used to instill fear. cgi & effects were limited at the time of filming the originals so it was mostly just tim terrorizing the kids while monsters rarely appeared. this movie did the opposite and that's honestly a truer adaptation of how the book should be.

I don't really think this film needs a sequel, but since it's getting one, I hope it's good
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

saw it and thought it was fantastic. 8/10 or 9/10 on the quality but 10/10 on my personal enjoyment for sure. never really got scared but when pennywise appeared to beverly in the bathroom I was genuinely startled. also when he came out of the projector it was goddamn terrifying.
Lmao those two scenes were the only ones to make me jump genuinely.

I loved how this movie was able to balance more than one aspect. I've never heard so much laughing in a theatre during a horror film.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
the forget

Lmao those two scenes were the only ones to make me jump genuinely.
I loved how this movie was able to balance more than one aspect. I've never heard so much laughing in a theatre during a horror film.
yea, it was really funny. the dialogue given to the all of the kids  was great. "I need my bifocals, they're in my second fanny pack!"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:43:48 PM by McZealot »

?

I think he's trying to act like my review was really pretentious but he's just a forgetin moron

your review was pretentious but people think torin is actually funny with this stuff. ignore it and eventually he'll go back to pre-punished toxicology days.

how tf was my review pretentious? it was literally a stream of consciousness on the parts I liked about the film. holy stuff roger ebert over here.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:51:34 AM by McZealot »

I thought it was good but still predicable in terms of all the jumpscares and everything. The whole bully thing with Henry felt kinda weird and random. Overall a pretty good movie so I give it 8/10 broken arms