MXS Arachina - Mobile Base

Author Topic: MXS Arachina - Mobile Base  (Read 2519 times)

MXR ARACHINA

A portable, self sufficient mobile station for ambitious missions into hostile environments. Can function as a lander, a floating station, an orbital base, or a subterranean base. Good for exploration, colonization, or even as a mobile nano-nation in an otherwise uninhabitable venue.

- CREDITS -

- Remousamavi -
Main construction, layout, relay loops, general idea.

- Xalos -
For a CSG contribution that allowed me to trace a near-perfect brick sphere. Without this, the curvature of this station would have been nigh impossible. And also for various other mathematical and logical contributions.

A cutaway projection of Arachina. Here you can see the general deck layout and see where everything in the station is located. Notice the two decks near the bottom which have a half-deck of sorts: This is considered a single deck.

Arachina has three layered lights which can, by internal controls, change colors or be turned off. The station's windows can all seal with the touch of a single button, which is preferable for burying it as a subterranean base. The station can also float.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:12:51 PM by Remousamavi »

This is loving insane. Great detail, amazing design, good amount of space, lots of consideration given to the purpose of each room. One of the best builds I have seen in a while.

holy forget, noice. great to see an AoB builder at it again.

forget this is so nice as always Rem!

One other big thing I forgot to mention on the eventing side of this build:

Everything in this build is done with relays. There is not a single named brick anywhere in this build. That includes those striplights, the landing legs, the windows (Which lag quite a bit when you close em, so I have to stagger them and make it take nearly 20 seconds to completely seal (Which actually adds to the charm of the thing)). So those utility areas serve an actual function.

Also, added credits on title page.

you should release a download. Many people could use this for RPs

If I do I better warn you, this uses a stuffton of custom brick mods.

If I do I better warn you, this uses a stuffton of custom brick mods.
just dump your whole addons folder with the save

remove any unnecessary addons or private addons of course, tho. takes like 10 minutes to sift through all the addons but it saves a lot of people the trouble if you do plan on releasing it

ee exciting i had no idea you rem was still around

I can imagine this being a very cool build for sci-fi videos, excellent job!

Yet another awesome space build from Remou. Love it.