lag reducing bots.

Author Topic: lag reducing bots.  (Read 2032 times)

Is there a mod or something like bots only spawn depending on how close someone is to the bot hole?

I don't want all these bots lagging up my server when they are currently not in use.

I looked but couldn't find such a mod.

My only idea is to use zones to spawn and despawn bots but that isn't an automated process at all.

There is one, but I have no idea what it was called. I know someone linked to it in a similar S&R thread, though!
I'll go look for it a bit and see if anything turns up.

Found it.
Bot Spawn Range dead
Moderately relevant mod with spawn/despawn events
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:58:48 PM by Super Suit 12 »

There is one, but I have no idea what it was called. I know someone linked to it in a similar S&R thread, though!
I'll go look for it a bit and see if anything turns up.

Found it in around the time it took to write the post saying I knew it existed. I think I searched Despawn Bots or something in S&R and Add-ons. Sometimes BLF search turns up stuff Google doesn't and vice versa.
Bot Spawn Range
Moderately relevant mod with spawn/despawn events

First link is what I want but mod is dead.

Second link is too much work.

stuff I even checked the link to confirm it was dead
I knew there was something I was forgetting
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:12:27 PM by Super Suit 12 »

Maybe you could PM the guy who made it? :)
Support_BotSpawnRange

because the profile is banned I cannot edit the post sadly - all of my releases from my old profile are still there but on google drive instead because dropbox decided to be a fruitcake and deactivate sharing files, pretty disappointing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:03:22 PM by Kyuande »

Does it still work with blockland? 2 years is a long time lol

Blockland hasnt changed much in 2 years so why would it not work - before I shared this link I did check the code, but it doesnt need to change, I always check before I post an old addon

Does it still work with blockland? 2 years is a long time lol
Age alone isn't what stops a mod from working, especially since there weren't really any gamechanging updates since then. They are digital media, they don't degrade.

The only reason a mod ever 'stops' working is because it conflicts with an update.

Bot Spawn Range is not dead.
This topic has the link.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=313340.0
Maybe you could PM the guy who made it? :)
Support_BotSpawnRange

because the profile is banned I cannot edit the post sadly - all of my releases from my old profile are still there but on google drive instead because dropbox decided to be a fruitcake and deactivate sharing files, pretty disappointing.

Please read.

Who else am I replying to? I posted a link long ago.
In a galaxy far far away....

Im sorry. I just thought I was helping by posting a link.