[noose] Toys 'R' Us begins to file for bankruptcy

Author Topic: [noose] Toys 'R' Us begins to file for bankruptcy  (Read 8351 times)

This is what happens when you let the internet become a toy.

they had a decent lego section. could always find polybags available in my area :D

i've written to them many, many times that the kids today want fidget spinners. did they listen? no. this is what happens

the only defense to losing to internet-retail is if there was some kind of toy monopoly. but every brand can be purchased on their companies own websites, on amazon, on other retail sites.

large department stores dont really need to exist anymore.

and its going to be interesting as this keeps happening, because without shelfspace, and with the dropping of television and commercial advertising, where will kids even find out about new toys.

this is the last straw

millennials will fear my wrath

they had a decent lego section. could always find polybags available in my area :D

toys r us sells really good candies

but that's about it they also have an entire aisle just for fnaf and I can guarantee that half of the items in it are bootlegs

and its going to be interesting as this keeps happening, because without shelfspace, and with the dropping of television and commercial advertising, where will kids even find out about new toys.
This could end up being a good thing in the long run. Toys make up a not-insignificant amount of the world's waste products, especially for plastic. If we manage to also eliminate the throwaway electronics culture (not likely), it could turn out to be a net benefit that children play with digital toys instead.

my missiogn has succsedid..

ot: bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean the company's going away, they will probably just liquidate and possibly close down some stores.

electronics will always be a high throwaway, short lifespan goods. the real goal should be recycling them better.

i will happily destroy the earth for fast electronic advancement. no one could guilt me into not replacing things.